My fiance and I stayed at the lodge for one night. We were considering five wedding venues in the area for our destination wedding next year. Buffalo Mountain Lodge was our favorite venue based off what we saw online, but we wanted to make our final decision after seeing the venues in person. Well, we were not disapointed, and we will be getting married at the lodge next year!
Before we visited, I was slightly worried about the condition of the rooms and the thin walls after reading some of the recent reviews on Tripadvisor. I shouldn't have been too worried-- we heard little noise from the adjoining rooms even though there was a wedding party staying in the rooms surrounding us. Also, in addition to staying in a lodge room we were able to go into a premier room and a suite room so that we could see where our guests might end up staying. All three types of rooms were really nice, not at all outdated, and gave the perfect feel between a cozy lodge with a fireplace and a modern, clean room.
The lodge is also in a great location with great views of the surrounding mountains, and even though there are other properties adjacent to the lodge it felt quiet and secluded. We saw a lot of wildlife on our trip, but the highlight was seeing a large elk walk through the middle of the property on our way to an excellent dinner at Cilantro, one of two restaurants on the property!
All in all, we were really happy with our stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. It was close to town, but not in town, it is in a beautiful location, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are nice. We can't wait to get married there next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge