“Worst spa experience I have had for sure”
Review of Rimrock Spa

Rimrock Spa
Ranked #10 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Banff
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Worst spa experience I have had for sure”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We booked massages at the rimrock's spa to enhance what was suppose to be a relaxing weekend away from responsibility. I was shocked at the amenities that this "high end" spa offered. My biggest issue aside from the high price for a poor massage was the change room area. One needs to enter the change room from the area that other guests get tea. Normally not a big deal but in this case it was because one enters directly into the area other guests are changing. There is a shower but again, no privacy when getting out. It was very quiet the night we were there but i imagine if you went there when there was any volume you would have no hope of have an ounce of privacy. On top of this the linens provided were all different shades of white/ cream and the pumps on the lotions and soaps were broken. We spent 300.00+ on massages but felt like the quality of the experience only warranted spending maybe 100.00. We won't be back.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Elisa7

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Worst spa experience - maybe ever!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had two friends from out of town who came to visit me and I was excited to take them to Banff for the day. I booked us treatments at the spa - and we chose Rimrock because of the supposed access to a nice pool, whirlpool, steambaths, etc.

This was one of the worst spa experiences we have ever had. The mani/pedi I ordered was in the most CRAMPED room, and my attendant had to stop the treatment several times because people had to walk back and forth and she had to move her chair. My friends massage was poor, and my other friend didn't even get a treatment due to a misunderstanding at the front desk. The relaxation room barely fit 4 of us, and the tea/coffee was served in paper cups. Worse part? the change rooms were the rooms used by hotel guests for the pool and whirlpool- so it was chaos, far from the relaxing spa experience it was supposed to deliver.

The website is very deceiving - the 'other amenities' (pool, sauna, whirlpool) aren't worth the poor service and unrelaxing atmosphere. And at the prices ($150 for a mani/pedi in 1.15 hours!!!) I was quite dissapointed (and embarrassed) when we left.

Find somewhere else. Trust me.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank reeds_1977
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Profesional”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Had great service,clean,peaceful,amazing view.Romantic place for couples to spend time together. My future husband had his first spa treatments there and loved it

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Randi s
Toronto, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Fab Manicure”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I had a great manicure here. Was booked short notice and even though it cost a lot more than I would normally pay - it was worth it. The girl who did my nails was from Australia and was great to talk with.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lesley S
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Get a manicure!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Enjoy the hand and arm massage while getting a manicure! Very relaxing. The price was a little more then I usually pay for a manicure. It you are in Canada and at a resort.

Visited August 2012