“Not worth the price”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

I booked a massage here only because my go-to hotel spa in Banff (a large well know hotel/'castle' nearby) was fully booked. Unfortunately this spa was no where near the standards of that one. Small changing areas, small lounge area with paper cups for water and tea, no lounger chairs by the pool, and not enough treatment rooms. I had to go upstairs into a bedroom of the hotel which they had converted into a massage room I.e., swapped beds with massage tables and plugged iPod into the radio alarm clock. It was cold, uninviting and had zero atmosphere. Make sure you say you want a proper treatment room. They did however give me a 15% discount after I said I was disappointed and my therapist was knowledge and accommodating about my injuries. The hotel itself looked nice from what we saw.

2 Thank charlotteJimmy

MIA
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent hot spring”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Very relaxing, very good health wise, at the pool they have everything from towel to bathing suit, lockers, showers etc… and the best is the view from the pool, also try the gondola ride to the top of the mountain, awesome experience.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank REYNOL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Worst spa experience I have had for sure”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We booked massages at the rimrock's spa to enhance what was suppose to be a relaxing weekend away from responsibility. I was shocked at the amenities that this "high end" spa offered. My biggest issue aside from the high price for a poor massage was the change room area. One needs to enter the change room from the area that other guests get tea. Normally not a big deal but in this case it was because one enters directly into the area other guests are changing. There is a shower but again, no privacy when getting out. It was very quiet the night we were there but i imagine if you went there when there was any volume you would have no hope of have an ounce of privacy. On top of this the linens provided were all different shades of white/ cream and the pumps on the lotions and soaps were broken. We spent 300.00+ on massages but felt like the quality of the experience only warranted spending maybe 100.00. We won't be back.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Elisa7
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Worst spa experience - maybe ever!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had two friends from out of town who came to visit me and I was excited to take them to Banff for the day. I booked us treatments at the spa - and we chose Rimrock because of the supposed access to a nice pool, whirlpool, steambaths, etc.

This was one of the worst spa experiences we have ever had. The mani/pedi I ordered was in the most CRAMPED room, and my attendant had to stop the treatment several times because people had to walk back and forth and she had to move her chair. My friends massage was poor, and my other friend didn't even get a treatment due to a misunderstanding at the front desk. The relaxation room barely fit 4 of us, and the tea/coffee was served in paper cups. Worse part? the change rooms were the rooms used by hotel guests for the pool and whirlpool- so it was chaos, far from the relaxing spa experience it was supposed to deliver.

The website is very deceiving - the 'other amenities' (pool, sauna, whirlpool) aren't worth the poor service and unrelaxing atmosphere. And at the prices ($150 for a mani/pedi in 1.15 hours!!!) I was quite dissapointed (and embarrassed) when we left.

Find somewhere else. Trust me.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank reeds_1977
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Profesional”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Had great service,clean,peaceful,amazing view.Romantic place for couples to spend time together. My future husband had his first spa treatments there and loved it

Visited October 2012