Irwin's Mountain Inn
US$167
US$148
US$142
US$130
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Restaurant
US$340
US$274
  • Pool
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$127
Orbitz.com
Banff Inn(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$138
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$143
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$168
Travelocity
US$384
US$248
  • Pool
All reviewsel torohot tubunderground parkingadjoining restaurantfridge and microwavestay there againfront desk staffbanff avenueminute walkgood sizebeds were comfortablefamily roomthe main streetclose to downtownlarge roomvisit banfffour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try Irwin's Mountain Inn for the Thanksgiving long weekend. We have stayed at many hotels in Banff but never Irwin's before. We got a great deal online so thought this was a great opportunity to try. We had a very pleasurable stay.

Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. We were situated on the main floor 2 rooms down from the hot tub and outside our window was a walkway and then the hostel. I was worried that it would be a noisy room and it wasn't at all. There were a few times that I heard loud people in the hallway but they were loud enough that I would have heard them through a castle wall.

The front desk was friendly. We did not get a chance to eat at their restaurant but may try it in the future.

There was underground parking with VERY low ceiling but my Ford Escape just fit!

The location is great as it is a short walk to the main area.

We would definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Good day and thank you so very much for your most honest review. I am so pleased you discoverd us and more importantly that your stay with us was a pleasant surprise. That is our hope for every guest. I am so glad you enjoyed the Hot Tub and the clean and spacious rooms. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff who are ready and willing to help at a moments notice. Thank you again for staying with us and I sure hope it will turn into a return stay soon. Cheers to you and best of travels in your future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel over Thanksgiving long weekend 2013. Hotel is in a great location. Only about a 10 minute walk to the center of downtown. When we arrived to check in there was only one clerk behind the desk and he was on the phone for about 10-15 minutes while we waited to be helped. It would have been nice if he put the phone call on hold so we could check in after the 4 hour drive there. The rooms were nice. Very comfortable beds and spacious. The bathroom was small and awkwardly shaped but overall good. Poor sound proofing. In the mornings we could hear the cleaning staff and kids running around above us. Cleaning staff was very helpful and willing to give us anything we needed Underground parking was convenient. Overall I would stay at this hotel again mostly for the nice beds and good location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bunitizzle

Let me start by apologizing for your Front Desk experience. I am so sorry that you were left feeling unattended to. That is never our intent here but it is clear that you experienced that. Please accept my apologies. What is good is the redemptive portion of your stay. I am very glad that comfort and Housekeeping service met your standards. Our team takes these issues seriously and I am hoping you will come back and experience a much better introduction to our typically warm and welcoming hotel. Thanks for your honesty and I look forward to a much better feedback review from you in the future. Cheers and thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a nice two nights' stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a very good location. The room was nice, I believe we were on the third floor and had a patio. We were facing Banff Avenue and were over the El Toro restaurant area. We were woken up a couple of times during the night by noise outside the front of the hotel. The noises were probably coming through the air conditioner wall unit. This may be a problem if you're staying here during the busier periods of the year.

Other than that, a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yellowbuggie

I sure would like to thank you for your feedback to us. I am sorry you experience the noise of the bustle of Banff Avenue. The busy summer season can bring some of that as Banff is so absolutely full during this season. My apologies all the same for the noise through the air conditioner. I do want to point out that we are one of only a few hotels in town with Air Conditioning which in Banff is a true premium. I am glad that on the whole your experience with us was positive with staff and comfort. Our spacious 65 rooms are a true treasure and treat for the traveller at any time of year. We do promise comfort and cleanliness. We have worked real hard to make that a true experience from Check In to Check out. Our desk is open 24 hours a day so if any issues arise we are there to make it right. Thanks for staying with us and I do hope you come again really soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed at Irwins just this last weekend for our Wedding Anniversary for three nights. The weather was fabulous and sunny and our room was facing south so we had the sun shining in our room all day. Our room was spacious and in a great location just a ten minute walk from downtown. This weekend Banff was full of coach trippers from all over the world it seemed. Irwins also had a few people staying from coach trips. We met and chatted to lots of people from everywhere. We enjoyed watching a group of people from Spain with cowboy hats on dancing around to the fantastic band playing (Brent Lee) at Wild Bills on Saturday afternoon.
It was such a good weekend that we didn't want to leave. Everyone we met was friendly and happy. Irwins Mountain Inn also made our stay just that much better with the comfy beds and we could also bring our dog at the most reasonable price we have ever paid in Banff. Great trip!

Room Tip: No tips sorry, I want to keep this to ourselves. You will have to go try it as I'm sure all the rooms are great. Smile! Its worth a trip here. Lovely place to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in Banff. It sounds like you experienced the adventures and stories that make Banff this memorable vacation. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary, which a Happy Anniversary by the way. So glad you enjoyed the rooms and the sights and sounds that are truly Banff. Our beds are comfy and our rooms are perfect to lay around and veg if need be. Please come again soon and thanks for sharing your great experiences on our page. It means a lot to us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I found this place through trip advisor and felt it would be a good fit, it certainly was. Friendly staff, good location and a great onsite restaurant. Room was very nice, I ended up in a two bed with a kitchenette that would be great for a ski getaway and was scrupulously clean. Banff is a great town and this is a great value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Hello and thank you so very much for your comments. I am so pleased that the hotel was a fit after you conducted research here on Trip Advisor. That is our hope, that you will see this little gem in Banff. We try so hard to meet expectations on price and on budget with our charming hotel. We've bee around since 1967 and have worked hard to ensure guests return because of great friendly staff and El Toro our partner in making Banff a world class destination. Come again real soon.