“Great value in Banff”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
“Great value in Banff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Irwin's Mountain Inn. We were in a King room, check in was quick, the room was on the second floor facing the back, view of the mountains and quiet neighbourhood. The room was exactly as described, fridge, flat screen tv, and even a jetted tub. Everything in the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and there was lots of room. We had a small balcony as well. The only complaint I could come up with is the small face towels were a little thin, the bath towels were fine.
The hotel is getting up there in age but the staff do a fine job of keeping it in good shape, some areas of the carpets (mainly on the stairs) are showing some age, but nothing serious. The hotel has an underground parking garage that can be a little tight for larger vehicles, low clearance as well.
This is an excellent choice for a reasonable price, an easy walk downtown and very friendly and helpful staff, I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks so very much for your comments. Your comments speak to our staffs efforts to keep our property clean, comfortable and affordable. Here at Irwin's we seek to provide the best ammenities for our budget property. I am once again thankful for your stay with us.

If you are looking to stay again with us, book direct! We offer the best possible rates at the Hotel Desk. Our goal is to bring you the customer the best rate with the best service. Call us today!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Westlock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is where we usually stay every year. It's out of the busy area, friendly staff, nice rooms. But, they have minimal parking, this time I was so disappointed because on Saturday there was no parking anywhere. We drive around & around, finally had to park on the main street, about a block down. It was horrible to have to park that far away and walk back to hotel when tired.

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your comments even though it is hard to see your disappointment with our parking. As is a common theme at the Irwin's we try to accomodate by having guests park at our sister properties right beside us. Plus the one area I try to reiterate is that our parking is in fact FREE. The older properties in Banff like ours, have that benefit of FREE parking despite the limitations on space. We are doing our best to find a solution to this ongoing issue. Thanks for your comments.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at Irwin's Mountain Inn while in Banff for the Food and Wine Festival. It was a lot cheaper than the other hotels I had looked at which made it appealing. I upgraded to a room with a Mountain View/ Balcony/Jetted Tub/Microwave & Fridge.

Upon check-in the girl at the front desk was friendly enough. I was given my room key but not provided with any additional information.I wasn't told about the fitness room or hot tub and I had to ask about parking. Even then I was only told to find a spot in the parkade. I had to go back and ask about parking a second time after we went out in the evening and there were no spots available in the parkade.

Upon entering the room I was pleasantly surprised with the size. There were only two of us in a room with 2 queen beds, but it would have been very comfortable for 2 couples or a family. The room was clean and appeared to have been renovated recently. The beds are really comfortable...not too hard but not too soft either. The pillows were thick and fluffy and there were lots of them.

It was nice having the fridge to keep our drinks cool and We enjoyed the table and chairs near the balcony. A nice place to sit and have a coffee and enjoy the mountain air. We were on the back of the hotel so it was fairly quiet, and the mountain view was ok, but mostly obstructed by trees. I probably wouldn't upgrade for the view as much as to be on the back of the building where there's less noise.

The bathroom was small and there were weird stains on the floor but it served its purpose. I didn't end up using the jetted tub but it appeared to be clean.

The location of the hotel is great. Just a few minute walk to Banff Avenue and a nice walk back after a meal.

Overall we had a good stay and would return. If you can overlook a few of the minor negatives this is really a great value and a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Newfie-K
Thanks for staying with us during the Banff wine festival. I appreciate your comments and we take them very seriously. I am truly sorry that our customer service wasn't up to par. This is something we will look at and work on changing to ensure every stay meets that standard. I was glad to hear that the rooms were up to your standards and that the beds were suitable.

Next time you stay with, please ensure you book direct with us and attain the best possible rate. We love to ensure all elements of your stay are looked after and by booking direct, we can sure make that the case.

Thanks for staying with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed here for one night and the room was great, it was spacious and clean. The location was good and convenient to town. The gym wasn't anything special, but the hot tub was nice and relaxing. This hotel is really good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Nikki P
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
So glad our staff made your stay a good one! Thanks for staying with us at the Irwin's Mountain Inn. Your feedback is helpful to us. I am glad you experienced our great housekeeping and the great value that is Irwin's. You highlighted our free gym space that is made to enhance your stay with us. We have free weights and a treadmill along with a leg press and stationary bike so that you can get the best of the mountain hikes and the best of your workout routine you may want to continue and enhance your workout in our facility. The added feature of our hot tub and sauna are a perfect combination for the post hike activity or the post ski soak. We have you in mind and I hope you will return and enjoy all our simple but thoughtful hotel has to offer. Our hope is that we can provide a memorable experience that leaves you refreshed and filled with memories.

Please remember to phone direct and book direct with us when you come to Banff again. Our best price guarantee will ensure you will see the best prices when you call us direct. Thanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

On returning to beautiful Banff, we booked into Irwin's Mountain Inn due to the price, great location close to town and previous experience of staying here.
The convienience of having a restaurant near the lobby was great and lovely staff made check in a pleasurable experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am always so pleased to hear from our returning guests. Thanks for staying with us. I am always so thrilled about the comments about our great staff and the best restaurant in town, the El Toro. Our hope is that your check in is painless and your experience is supreme so that memories of Banff are for years to come. Thanks for your kind comments and please call us again soon!

Remember to call us direct at the hotel. We ensure the lowest price when you call us direct. Our hope is for a return visit from you soon! Thanks again.
Brownfield, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Irwin was great! Super value for a double queen bed room.Beautiful view of the mountains, friendly staff and walking distance to Downtown Banff. We will definitely be choosing the Irwin Hotel the next time we come to Banff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I want to take the time to thank you for staying with us at the Irwin's Mountain Inn. It means a lot to get this kind of feedback and we really appreciate the highlights of your experience. I'm so glad that staff made this stay special along with our clean and affordable rooms. Please know this means so much to us to have you comment and stay with us.

When you do stay again, make sure to contact us directly for the best price guarantee! We love to ensure our guests get the best value for their hard earned money. Call again really soon!
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for one night in a 2 queen room. Rooms have been recently renovated within the last two years. The rooms were average size, clean with comfortable beds. The staff at check in were friendly and accomodating. The underground parking was a bonus. I found the room price cheaper on tripadvisor so I contacted the hotel and they matched the price I found it for. I would definetly stay here again. Hallways were clean but they use a cleaning product that has a stronger odor however we could not smell it in the room which was a good thing. I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room facing banff avenue for good views.