Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$480
US$443
Hotels.com
US$315
US$271
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$302/night.

Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$315
US$292
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$364
US$316
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$310
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$714
  • Restaurant
US$483
US$300
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$367/night.

Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$438
US$418
Orbitz.com
1,743 results
All reviewsbanff international hotelgreat locationceiling fanunderground parkingloft roomthe main streetshops and restaurantsgood sizewould stay here againski busfront desk staffcentre of townhot tubclose to downtownbeds were comfortablemountain viewlake louise
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I chose this hotel for its location four blocks from the Banff Rocky Mountaineer station. Location couldn't have been better as the train station, restaurants, shopping, etc were within easy walking distance. The Front Desk personnel were very nice and helpful as well. Our king premium room was comfortable and clean. My husband found a fan in the closet and the ceiling fan switch was on the outside wall behind the entertainment center. We also opened the windows which helped the room temperature. The bathroom was also a nice size compared to some of the other hotels we reserved. On the negative side, we wanted to eat at Ricky's Grill when it opened for breakfast, but we were told one cook hadn't come to work, and the other one was busy with a large tour group. We were told we could wait or eat next door at the Ptarmigan Inn which was what we did. Also, the fire alarm went off our second evening there. No fire, but it was a very different experience for us and no one told us what had happened. The Banff International is an okay place to stay because it is clean & comfortable, but I may choose to stay somewhere else if I ever return to Banff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXTripper
bihmanagement, Front Office Manager at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear TxTripper

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Banff International Hotel. We appreciate your positive comments about our location, the Front Desk staff, and the comfort and size of our rooms. We are sorry that your experience with the on-site restaurant was not better and we are seeking to make sure such experiences do not occur. Please do consider us again when in town and feel free to book directly with me.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Banff International for 3 nights as part of a tour of Western Canada. We were not impressed. However, to be fair, let me state first what was good: the situation of the hotel was fine, sitting as it does on the main street and close to shops, restaurants and a large supermarket; our bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean, though the view from the window was of a brick wall a couple of yards away; the staff were friendly and obliging, but woefully too few for the number of guests.
Now, the not so good and the downright bad: the wi-fi we were promised only seemed to operate in the lobby. When I’m checking my bank accounts and making bank transfers online I do not want to do it when surrounded by a constant stream of guests milling around. Like many other people posting on here we got stuck in the lift one day when it arrived on the ground floor and refused to open its doors. I used the telephone in the lift and the receptionist told me that someone would be there shortly. Luckily the technician arrived quickly, as my wife is slightly claustrophobic and I could see that she was beginning to hyperventilate. In addition, when the lift jammed, the air conditioning went off and the temperature in the lift began to climb like a rocket. Since this appears to be a regular occurrence it would surely be wise to get this problem fixed once and for all.
On the first evening I wanted to give my credit card details to reception so I could charge drinks and meals. There was only one young lady on duty and she was occupied with a phone call from one of those people who want to make a reservation but want to know everything from the type of pillows to the manufacturer of the mattress. After standing there for 5 minutes I went back into the restaurant where my wife was waiting to order. At least two people are needed at reception in a hotel which has a rapid turnover of guests staying for two or three nights.
In the restaurant the food was okay without being exceptional, apart from our first breakfast which was appalling. Once again understaffing was a problem as there were only two waitresses to serve a pretty large restaurant. There was only one young lady serving at the bar and she was also responsible for serving drinks ordered in the restaurant. She was very, very busy, and one evening our wine arrived after we had finished our meal. In the bar you can wait for 10 minutes while the poor young lady rushes into the restaurant with a tray of drinks and bottles of wine.
Our first breakfast was described as a “plated breakfast”. This is another way of saying rubbish on a plate – take it or leave it. I took one look – a smear of scrambled egg, a couple of rashers of bacon fried so hard that it was impossible to chew and a mass of grated potato that was half burnt and half raw – and sent it back. This is what your tour company contracted for, I was told. The waitress tried to tell me that these potatoes were hash browns. I disputed that. “These are known as hash browns throughout North America,” she insisted. I told her that having travelled extensively throughout the US, I could tell her that hash browns are not that pile of half-cooked rubbish on my plate. Our tour manager quickly got on to our tour company and breakfast the next two mornings was at least edible.
It’s clear that the management of the Banff International are trying to run it on a shoestring, one person on reception and two waitresses in the restaurant are hopelessly inadequate, even though they keep smiling despite being run off their feet.
My recommendation – try another hotel. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. And avoid the plated breakfast at any cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillBDalheim
bihmanagement, Front Office Manager at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear BillBDalheim:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Banff International Hotel. We take your comments seriously and are committed to ensuring that our guests have a memorable visit. Your comments help us in achieving this goal.

I was concerned to read that your experience with our service did not meet your expectations. We are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered.

We truly appreciate knowing that our guests have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Please read the whole review for the best parts of why I am recommending this Hotel in Banff. The constructive is that the Hotel needs renovation. No A/C in the rooms, a bit rough around the edges as far as decor. They did not have my room that I reserved. However, if I come back to Banff, I would stay here again!

Now the very good. The staff bent over backwards to make my stay enjoyable. Daren Hill the Front Office Manager personally came to my room. He upgraded my wife and I to a Loft for our whole stay, while honoring my original Hotwire rate. I have traveled a lot and he has been, by far, the most solution oriented Manager that I have encountered. Besides the upgrade, he switched my loft room to a less sunny side of the building so it would be cooler.

Also, the entire front desk team was incredibly hospitable and friendly. At first I was going to switch hotels. Daren and the staff turned me around. So, give this hotel a chance if you are going to Banff. Great location on the main road in town, convenient to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the Hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jpmtge

Dear jprntge,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive feedback on your experience with us in Banff! Your recognition of the efforts of the front desk team is very valuable to us and it is greatly appreciated. I too am very grateful for the praise. Ideally, we are here to assist in making our guest experience in Banff a memorable one. When we hear that we have been able to achieve this, we all smile.

Starting in Fall, we will be renovating and putting A/C in our rooms.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Having been to a couple of hotels in Banff, this hotel has great service, big rooms and is in an awesome location - only minutes from the heart of Banff.

A little outdated, but great value for money with large rooms and comfortable beds.

If you're looking for somewhere comfortable to stay, the Banff International is a great hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BecMcHugh17,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay and the great value for money it was for you. All of the staff strive to provide excellent service so your praise of their service is widely appreciated. I also thank you for pointing out our excellent location and our big rooms.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Banff is expensive. At $110 this is one of the cheaper hotels. Service was very friendly. Breakfast is not included although you can pay an extra amount in advance to be able to pick from their menu. Rooms are average size, good beds with 4 pillows of varying heights which was great. Flat screen tv, fridge. Our room was on the first floor, facing a wall. It smelled a bit musty so you might want one on a higher floor. It was quiet though since it didn't overlook the street.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors if you want a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1WorldWalker.

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed the location, the cleanliness, and the very friendly service. We would be happy to welcome you again.