“Near Town, Comfy Bed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Near Town, Comfy Bed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We had a room with a balcany facing the front courtyard, The noice echoed into our room. The bed was nice, but the hotel was old and not updated. The only highlight of the free breakfest was the omlettes. Very small selection. I never thought you can cut bread so thin for the toast. Staff was nice, Spa room was okay with two hot tubs, sauna and steam room. We used this alot, with the exception of the sauna that didn't work. I was happy I got a deal on the room, to pay full price is tooooooooo much.

Room Tip: Room that isn't facing the court yard
1 Thank Grant B
littleworld, General Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Grant – welcome home and thank you for sharing your comments. We are truly sorry that the sauna was out of order this past weekend, however the part is en route and it should be back up and running in the next few days. Hopefully you will come and visit us again, and request a Superior room, so you have that all important outside window.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Beds were absolutely fantastically comfortable... but... the first room we were in had no heat, and even after asking for maintenance 3 times nothing was done. We were finally moved to another room, which had an excessive amount of heat... and the smallest bathroom ever. The remote didn't work, curtains and blankets had tears in them.
The location of this hotel is good, easy to walk everywhere, and has underground heated parking, and the breakfast is good.
Staff very average, no extra effort from anyone to ensure that we were satisfied.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Welcome home and thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds; all of our rooms have our Mountain feather bedding, truly luxurious. However I am troubled to hear that you did not receive the superior service we strive to deliver. We will do our best to remedy this to ensure that every guest is treated with welcoming and responsive service.
BERKSHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

excellent smaller hotel - but get an outside room for a window. Right smack in the middle of town. Bed extremely comfy and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast included. Banff has lots of good restaurants. Staff a little slow but get there in the end.

Room Tip: get a room with a good window.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I had an executive suite the first weekend in November. It was perfect! Right downtown, very convenient. The fireplace was awesome beacuse it was starting to get chilly by this time. Every detail was thought of: a hair dryer, a clothes iron, water glasses, mini fridge, lots of extra towels, and a big comfy duvet. The bed was also one of the most comfy we have slept in at a hotel. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We liked having the fireplace :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review – and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our Premium Suite. They are so cozy, especially in the winter months after a day of playing in the snow, between the fireplace and the jetted Jacuzzi tub it is hard to leave. We hope to see you again soon.
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We just spent two nights at this hotel, and because I had read previous warnings, I did all we could to prevent certain pitfalls. We upgraded to an outside room in order to have a window, that we could open during the night when the room got too hot (We did sleep with the window open). We booked the top floor to avoid all the noise of the plumbing, and let me say that whenever someone uses their plumbing, you are woken up, it is extemely loud !! We did not get our wake up call. The beds are so comfortable, yet we did not get a quality sleep. Breakfast was good. Supper at the Meatball was Excellent. Highly recomend the Spaghetti and meatballs and the Lasagne. We were three of only a handful of people at the hotel, so the buffet was not put out, Instead we ordered off a room service paper......good food, and service for breakfast. Did not appreciate having a pillow put on our bed without a pillow case or having the dirty cases left in our room. The guy that checked us out, was so incompetent, he had to get someone else to help. Overall, would choose somewhere else to stay, but would come to eat at the Meatball Restaurant.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an outside room because there is no air conditioning and you WILL be too hot and the insi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining with us, but I apologize that your hotel experience was not as enjoyable. I have followed up with the housekeeping department regarding the improper linen service and we will strive to ensure that this does not occur for our future guests. We do have a number of new employees working at our front desk and are doing our best to bring them up to speed. Again thank you for your response.
Revelstoke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This hotel is very clean with knowledgeable, friendly staff. Our room had a super comfy bed and was well stocked including little Rocky Mountain soap bars! Complimentary breakfast was included with our stay and the menu had lots to offer. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: As this hotel is on a busy part of Banff Avenue, I would recommend staying on the second or third fl...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
canmore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at this Inn recently and had a bad experience. First I checked into their smaller Inn called the Driftwood Inn and there was a group of rowdy students near my room carrying on and beer cans left in the lobby. I asked the front desk at Ptarmigan Inn to move me to the 2nd floor. They did and when I checked the room it looked like a warehouse with no furniture and mattresses propped up against the wall. Back I went to the front desk and told them about this room and the guy decided to move me into the Ptarmigan Inn at no extra charge with a compimentary breakfast. Later that night, I turned the heater on ( it was cold outside and getting cool in the room) and only cold air came out of it. I was fed up with running to the front desk and changing rooms so I put on a jacket and slept in it overnight to keep warm. Also, there was a coffeemaker in the room with real cream containers that were rancid. Cream needs to be refrigerated. Don't these people know that?
In the morning, I went to their restaurant downstairs for the breakfast and the server poured me a cup of coffee into which I poured some cream. The coffee had a weird taste and I noticed that there were white pieces of curd around the sides of the cup. More rancid cream! The hash brown potatoes I ordered were kind of cold and hard like they had been out for a few hours. And the cooks looked stoned, one guy just standing there and staring into space.

The service and breakfast were horrible and I mentionned the problems to the clerk in the morning but all she did was say sorry. Nothing else was offered.

I don't recommend this place to anyone. It is associated with a company called Best of Banff ironically. What a joke! If that is the best, I would sure hate to see the worst.

Room Tip: Shop around the town for a good room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Banff hotels