Banff Voyager Inn
US$146
US$139
US$129
Hotels.com
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$111
US$97
US$77
Buffalo Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$180
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$397
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$146
Official Hotel
US$163
US$148
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

There is nothing overly special about this hotel. Basic rooms with basic décor. The complimentary breakfast very limited. If you are looking for a place to just crash for the night, this place would work. However, for a family trip I would suggest finding something else. Our first stay was on the weekend and the hotel was loud, walls thin, so family and I had to listen to the neighbors going at it for half the night and multiple load patron wandering up and down the hall. Our second stay was mid week, so hotel quieter as less people around. I guess in the end all I can say is if you pay for a 2/3 star hotel don't expect 5 star services or lodging.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels through my life and I will start by saying I have stayed in a lot worse for a lot more. Luxury this is not, would I come here for a romantic break?? no, definitely not. Would I come here for a 2 week family holiday…probably not, but for a crash pad after celebrating my sons 18th, or a couple of nights if skiing locally then yes! actually I would. Like I said, its not luxury, far from it, but it was clean (if a bit on the dusty side), the staff were friendly, the breakfast was ok, and the bar had character. Yes it was noisy at times, the artex on the ceiling was peeling a bit and the carpets were thread bare in places, but it had a good vibe about it, oh and it was pretty cheap and convenient for town. No hair dryer in room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joevison1969
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Do not stay here, it is diabolical !! Should have realized this as soon as we arrived, the most dominant feature is a liquor store, more obvious and in your face than the reception area. a
a few unsavoury types hanging around outside too ! Another tell tale sign was meeting one of the housekeepers pushing his cart with bags upon bags of empty beer cans.
The room was dirty and dated. The sheets on the bed were starched to within an inch of their life so made so much noise every time you turned over ! The tv only offered3 channels - the weather, the news and one other. The following morning I looked under the bed only to find someone's dirty sock, credit card receipt, matches and. Bottle tops - who knows when this room was last cleaned properly.
No hair dryer in the room, you have to go downstairs to reception if you want one. If you use up your tea and coffee you must purchase more......
Take note, the walls are think and you can hear everything. Every time a neighbour flushes the toilet or has a shower you can hear the old pipes creaking. Plenty of noise coming from the hallway during the night with people banging on doors and shouting.
Breakfast was very disappointing. Continental is included, if you want a hot breakfast you must pay an additional $7.30. Neither breakfast are worth it.
I would recommend not staying here. There are by far better places to stay in Banff that are cleaner, better equipped and in a better location. The voyager is one of the furthest hotels from the center.

Room Tip: Beat advice I can give you is do not stay here.......
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here with friends this past weekend (7-9 March 2014) via a Groupon deal. The hallways were extremely noisy at night. Occasionally, when walking through the hallway past other rooms, I could smell marijuana. The last night of our stay from approximately 0145-0300, an intoxicated couple were having a disturbing domestic dispute in the hallway which culminated with the woman knocking on several different doors all the way down the hallway. After this particular episode, we called reception to have the situation dealt with, but nothing was done. They could have at least called the cops!

The breakfast menu is deliberately misleading (talk about alienating your clientele!). We were given $7.00 breakfast vouchers for the restaurant upon check-in. The menu read that continental breakfast was "free" and the hot breakfast was $7.30. When you read the fine print, these "prices" only apply AFTER the use of your breakfast voucher. And the hot breakfast certainly wasn't a $14.00 breakfast!!

I found the beds and bathroom fixtures to be clean, but the floors and walls left a lot to be desired. Atmosphere is non-existant. I don't mind simple/plain accommodations, but in that case I expect a certain baseline for cleanliness and much better prices.

I have never had such a terrible stay anywhere (and I am a frequent budget hosteller in lower-income countries, so that's says something about my low standards for accommodation) and I will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pirate X
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you're paying full price (or almost full price) you might as well head to any of the other hotels around Banff. This place had concrete walls so it was quiet but left a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness, decor and distance from downtown Banff.

We specified 3 people for our room but they wouldn't bring in a cot for us, citing it was a fire hazard. The TV was had a spotty connection and was an old tube style. The internet was free but was also spotty (more frequently off than on) and required multiple passwords for our one night stay.

If you're paying $60 it would be a deal, but not worth their listed $120 or getting stuck here from Hotwire. Use a site that allows you to specify where you stay, don't roll the dice.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends