“Fabulous little spring getaway!”
Review of Bow View Lodge

Bow View Lodge
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Hotel was fabulous for the price. We were only sleeping in it so it was perfect and very clean.
Location was excellent and we walked to most places downtown.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
We had 2 rooms booked.There were 4 in our group and we had a blast during our 5 day stay.
Having access to the sister hotel (Banff Park Lodge) ammenties were a definite plus and we enjoyed the Chinook Restaurant Brunch in the Banff Park Lodge daily.
The pool and hot tub was excellent as well.
Overall we highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Book a room with a queen bed & view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LOLA9876543210

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Me and my partner stay in banff alot. We found this hotel on tripadvisor and thought we should check it out because of the cheap rates and high ratings. we werent let down. The location is perfect for walking around town and over looks the bow river which is really cute. we were upgraded to a king size bed at no charge. we got the added 10 dollar breakfast when we booked and it was totally worth it. It had a wide selection of good quality food hot and cold. I have horrible allergies and at several other hotels in banff they have acted up. here they were fine and the rooms were perfectly clean. the wallpaper is a lil dated and you dont have plasma t.v.s in every room but really if your going to banff to watch t.v. you probably should go. our stay was awesome and this has now become our staple banff hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mictian999
Reviewed 17 March 2011

we stayed at bow view lodge for ten nights for a ski holiday. the lodge is in the perfect location for a short walk to the centre of banff and for each of the three slopes we went to.
set on the bow view river we did pay extra for a room over looking it well worth it.
the rooms are fairly large plenty of room to hang up all the ski gear. also the rooms are very clean and tidy as is the bathroom. the rooms are cleaned every day. overall we had a great time in this lodge and are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Arrived at hotel, checked in immediatly, without any hassle. Hotel located on a small quiet road off of of main road, making it in an ideal location to nearby ammenities. We were very pleased with room (standard double with 2 double beds). We booked with Crystal ski, I did request an upgrade prior to arrival but was told that Crystal Ski customers were allocated to inner rooms (which don't face out onto Bow River), I was told that we could upgrade, but at a cost, so we decided against it. Upon arrival at our room we were pleasantly suprised that we had actually been given a room with a view onto the river (which was subsequently covered in snow and ice....so you couldnt actually see it) but it was a pictuesque none the less!! The room was spacious, clean and warm (which was most important as we suffered minus 30-40 degrees for most of the week!!) Beds were comfy, the only bizaree thing was the pillows were actually full of static, causing the pillows to fully light up in the dark, aswell as sticky up hair in the mornings!!! We didnt see the room cleaner all week...but miraculously our room was clean every day!!!! The Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I did ring down a couple of times to check buses and slope opening and they were able to give me the info I required. We did use the spa facilities over at the Banff PArk Lodge (sister hotel) which is a 10 second dash across the carpark if you enter via the underground car park. The communication between the hotels was very good and its well worth using the facilities (bar/resturaunt/spa). I would warn against the cost of breakfast at the Banff Park Lodge. We were quoted approx $8-9 per person per day by Crystal Ski, I declined this as we arent massive breakfast eaters, but one day we did decide to try breakfast. It was great, loads of choice, hot\cold, you name it, it was there. We thought it was great value (thinking it was under 10 bucks), until we got the bill to be told that for the two of us it was $42!!! On a positive note, keep an eye out the Bow Biew Lodge hotel for specials at the Lodge hotel for evening meals. We did the fish buffet night on Sunday night, $34 for the two of us for all we could eat (cheaper than brekkie), and it was fantastic choice and value.
The only negative issue with the hotel rooms (which may be something they cant change) but the rooms had extremley dry air, it felt like it had the air conditioning on some sort of setting that dried your throat and nose out to the extent that I woke for 2-3 hours per night and could only get back to sleep again if I had my head under the sheet\blanket.....and this is from a person who sleeps like a log every night normally. I did question this with the staff was told this was because of the dry air in Alberta....I wasnt convinced, if its true, theres some tired people out in Alberta!!
I think we had a particularly quiet week at the hotel as we hardly saw anyone else (which was a good thing). I didnt choose the hotel for its kerb appeal, as there are some lovely looking hotels in Banff, I chose it because of the reviews on Tripadvisor...and I wasnt disappointed. I would definatly recommend again

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Don't let the outside fool you. If you get a river view room you won't be sorry. Even has a fridge for keeping drinks cold.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dontmakemerun
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We were very pleased with the hotel. It was very affordable and offerred all we needed including access to a pool/sauna for a great family get away. Bright rooms, slightly smaller than most rooms in newer hotels, but well maintained. Comortable beds and pillows. No frills but we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I've just booked our second stay at the Bow View lodge in Banff! For the price (under $100), this is a great hotel. The decor may be a little outdated, with a "retro wallpaper border", and an almost sponge like effect on the walls, but if you stay on the river side, one wall is almost all windows and gives you a great view of the river. We had a king size bed, which was pretty comfortable, the bed linen had been updated recently, and most importantly the room was clean. Normally, I would not stay in a two star hotel, but I would pick this hotel over it's sister hotel right next door. It has a better view and is on a quiet street, while still being walking distance to Banff Ave, and a number of pubs/ restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple