Bow View Lodge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssister hotelgreat locationtwo blocksolder hotelview roomthe main streetcoffee makersteam roomwalking trailswi fismall balconybit datedclose to downtownfront desk staffbeds were comfortablepool and hot tubdowntown banff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary in Banff and we were very pleased with Bow View Lodge. The building is right on the Bow River and the view we had late in the afternoon with the sun setting was breath taking. The management knowing of our anniversary had a beautiful basket of wine and champagne waiting for us in the room. They were helpful in directing us to some of the great restaurants and guided hikes in Banff. The room itself was clean, it's a little dated, but we were happy with the accomodations. For the price you can't go wrong. My wife and I would definitely stay here again when we return to that part of the country. Enjoy!!

Jerod

Room Tip: I believe we paid an extra few dollars to stay in a river view, it wasn't much more than the city view, but it was well worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daspike75
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Had such a comfy room to relax and feel at home here in Banff. The fall colors where out and rustling of the trees so nice to see. In the morning out in the front we got to see a mom,dad, and baby moose eating leaves off the trees. Such a nice treat like out in the country. Not in a busy city!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Cuttypatutty68
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights attending a conference at the Banff Park Lodge, a sister hotel located really just across the parking lot. Arrived early, was given a room on the first floor. Problem with the sliding door so the front desk staff, all of whom were wonderful, moved me to third floor. Room was small but equipped with most of your needs. Beds were a bit hard for me, but overall, I was more than satisfied with the cleanliness and was surprised by the quietness of the property as a whole. The heart of downtown is only a short walk away. There is a fee for internet access, costing me $8 (taxes included) for 48 hours. You have access to all amenities at the Banff Park Lodge. After checking out of the Bow View, the concierge at the Banff Park Lodge arranged an airport shuttle and printed off boarding passes for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to return to this spot if I ever am in the area again, and if a large room is not a must for you and you are budget conscious, I would highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tomaz61
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We are an Australian couple who enjoyed our stay at Bow View Lodge. The views were fantasic, the walks along the Bow River in the evening and early morning were something to remember - especially the reflections in the river, and the deer also enjoying the walk.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the room was very comfortable, the downtown location was convenient and the breakfast included with our booking at the associated and adacent Banff Park Lodge was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frodo185
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Bow View Lodge still has the best view of the Bow River and I feel great while staying there. The very clean, comfortable and quiet rooms made my stay very pleasant. My late husband and I had spent many anniversaries at B.V.L. and this year would have been our 61st. so I had VERY happy memories. Receptionists were very considerate , efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: third floor River view rooms are my preference
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo