“Worth a try, great location”
Review of Bow View Lodge

Bow View Lodge
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the lodge in a river view room. Nice view of the river from our balcony. The hotel does not AC but that is quite common in hotels in Banff. The sun sets behind the mountains and the town cools off. The rooms are small but well laid out, clean and cozy. The room does have a small fridge. The queen bed was quite comfortable and sleeping was no problem. The hotel is about two short blocks off the main street,Banff Avenue and in the heart of the restaurant and shopping area, which means you can easily stroll without trying to find parking. Since you are away from the main street, it is nice and quiet. The parking is free but cramped, the hotel does offer courtesy secured parking at the adjacent "sister" property that does contain restaurants, shops, etc. Having stayed at the two properties, I prefer this one for its serenity. Price was $200 a night without tax. This may seem pricey to some but you are in Banff downtown. You can pay more for less at other locations in this area.

Room Tip: Get a river view room.
1  Thank Coloradodave53
There are newer reviews for Bow View Lodge

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for 6 nights. It is an older style hotel. We were disappointed no air conditioning, but the nights cooled down significantly and with a fan was quite comfortable. The bed was quite firm, so if you want a soft bed this is not it. The decor is dated and could use an update. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job. We had a river view , and was quiet .shopping is only 2 blocks away. We enjoyed our stay here front desk staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: River view second floor .
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while travelling Alberta. Small rooms but clean and we didn't spend much time inside the room (why would you in Banff). Did use the pool next door as it was very warm this past week and it was lovely. Enjoyed the shared balcony and met some fellow Canadian travellers.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple nights while in Banff, the price was right and the location was good. A good view of the bow river and a short walk to most places. The rooms are very outdated, no air conditioning, no in hotel restraunt or bar. The beds were by far the worst bed I have ever slept in and felt like I needed a chiropractic treatment after the first night. The staff were good they definately didn't go out of their way for you.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding on BC Day long weekend, and the view was spectacular. We were on the ground floor looking right at the river and mountains. I thought the price was pretty ridiculous ($179 a night) but when it was compared to other hotels in Banff that is actually pretty reasonable, and its nice you get to use their sister hotels amenities like the pool and hot tub. Fyi for anyone who hasn't been to Banff in the summer BRING BUG SPRAY, the mosquitoes are ridiculous! The hotel room is dated and has minimal comforts (no AC) but for those who spend their days out and about the bed is comfy and the room is clean. Caution to those in Banff to party, the hotel is old and therefore has thin walls, don't expect to have any get togethers in your room, we had two other people in ours at about 11 pm and were told if they didn't leave and we didn't quiet down we would be asked to leave then and there. I would stay there again but would definitely look at other options first, and if I were to stay there again I would ask for a river view room or no dice!

Room Tip: Get a river view room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_BowViewLodge, Manager at Bow View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bow View Lodge during your holiday in Banff. I am glad you enjoyed your time here. Due to our building being older, you are correct about the noise travelling from room to room. By the sound of things we could have been a little more professional addressing the noise situation. For that I apologize. we are going to use this as a learning opportunity on how to handle these situations better.

If you ever visit Banff in the winter time, be sure to think of us. We have great rates in the winter and trust me the river view is just as amazing as summer

Regards,

Chris Jonah
Lodge Manager
Bow View Lodge

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I returned to Bow View for a 5 day stay. We enjoyed it the first time we were here (my first review) and it remains an excellent choice for anyone on a budget.

All in, about $217/night for a 3rd floor river view room w/ king bed.

Staff are always friendly, courteous and went the extra mile when we complained about a loud stag group. (I understand they bothered many people)

The rooms are average but very clean. The bathroom looked refinished. There is a small fridge which allowed us to chill drinks and keep food. Unfortunately there is no a/c so a small fan provided some relief from the heat. Thankfully it really cooled down at night so we slept quite well as long as we left the sliding glass door open. Old tube TV, coffee maker, no safe. The bed was okay but a little firm for my liking. My wife found it comfortable.

Included is an awesomely fast and free wifi connection, parking, and the ability to use the amenities in the Banff Park Lodge hotel (pool, hot tub, steam room, gym).

This hotel is within a 15 minute walk to downtown and maybe a 10 minute walk to Nesters (grocery store). Safeway is a lot further away than Nesters.

I'm happy to see they continue to be a good choice for when we stay in Banff.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, river view. Not near the stairs or elevators.
2  Thank Lagin_Vancouver

Hello Lagin_Vancouver,

I very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, here at the Bow View Lodge. We take a lot of pride in our Guest Service and we are very glad that you recognized that,

I am very sorry that you were disturbed by other guest staying in the hotel. But I am pleased that we were able to handle the situation very quickly and to your satisfaction.

Hopefully next time your visiting Banff, we will again be your choice for accommodations.

Regards,

Chris Jonah
Lodge Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed one night in July and our room was clean and comfortable. The price was manageable considering how expensive lodging is in Banff. The staff was helpful and we especially enjoyed the location just a couple blocks from the main street but in a quiet spot on the river.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family