“Not a drive by !”
Review of Charlton's Banff

Charlton's Banff
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lovely loft king suite,double shower, well appointed ! No complaints at all !
Exterior : EEEKS ! Parking structure and outdoor walkways Dingy . Walk to town 12 min. fine with us. Very quiet . Staff very friendly, Breakfast Lady is a Gem !!! Breakfast was satisfying. Pool area needs some dressing up. Some updating work was in progress, lobby and front of property, so encouraged they will keep up the good work on improvements all around. Currently we would have hesitance to recommend the Charlton to friends due to the shoddy exterior spaces, but we would return.

Room Tip: King loft with windows to outside, not courtyard, for light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BanffManagement, Manager at Charlton's Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank-you for your review. We also feel like our guestrooms are an unexpected surprise when you arrive at them. That is why we are now focussing on our "curb appeal". While the outside walkways to our rooms will remain, we are working on a brighter lobby and welcoming landscaping to reflect the unique rooms we have to offer. Of course, it is hard to work on a building exterior in Banff in winter, so we have to get the work done when we can in spring. We expect the major changes to be complete within another couple weeks. (As of time of writing.) I hope you will indeed not "drive by" next time and come back to see the changes.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Charlton's Banff

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, May 7-10th, and had a very relaxing time. Even though construction was going on, we didn't let that bother us. The room was a good size, with windows you can open. Beds and bedding were very nice. The bathroom is nice and big with both a shower and big tub. They have a fridge, and a cute sitting area. The pool and hot tub were just what we needed and open to 11pm! The breakfast was perfect...coffee, juices, cereals, bread, fruit, eggs. The lady who handled the area kept it clean and she was very personable (sorry we did not get her name). No problems what so ever. Close to everything. And when checking out Harley, was very nice too to us. I can't say enough how good our stay was. I hesitate writing excellent reviews because it feels like I'm giving my secrets away hahaha jk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a great stay. It was very clean. The staff was friendly, especailly Gloria the breakfast lady. She was so sweet and very helpful. Only complaint was that they set the fridges to 5 (which they said was normal) and if froze everything I put in it. I like frozen bananas but only when I have chocolate to dip them in! I would reccommend a lower setting for the fridge :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank-you for taking the time to post your feedback. Our staff will be thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. I believe we have a true gem of a property here in Banff. We are striving to get it right for everyone who stays! We hope you will return to Charlton's next time you are in Banff.

Thanks,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

When you go to Banff you expect a great experience not only for the beauty of the mountains but for the hotels, but Charlton's Cedar Court is far from it.
The rooms aren't as tidy as they are shown in the pictures nor as spacious, the carpets aren't clean and the cleanness of the room isn't at all good, we found a thong in the floor when we arrived,we complain in the front desk and sent someone but they just cover it with a towel and left it there.
The parking was full when we arrived from dinner at 10pm and we had to park on the street
We won't be staying in this hotel on our next visit to Banff that's for sure

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Armando H

Hello Armando;

Your review has us quite concerned. We have tried to investigate the situation, but without more detail (your full name and stay date) we have not been able to truly follow up. Should you wish to speak with a manager directly, please contact us at 403-762-4485 and ask for the General Manager or Director of Sales. We'd like to be able to get some clarity on this very strange situation.

Thanks,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

needed to get away for a couple of days. the charlton was perfect quiet and clean. I recomend the loft rooms.close to everything but not to close that you have lots of traffic or noise. lots of restuarants to choose from right in the vicinity

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

As far as cleanliness goes it's great... Until you realize that there's no bags in the garbage cans. I'm a woman, so I was throwing my used feminine products in cans with no bag. This is unsanitary. Yes, I could have asked for bags, but 3 out of 3 cans had no bag, if it was practice for them to use them, they would. Protect your staff better - HIV, AIDS, hepatitis A,B, and C to name a few. Blood is a biohazards material, how dirty are those cans? Won't be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BanffManagement, Manager at Charlton's Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Katrina;

I hope overall you had a great stay at Charlton's and a great visit to Banff. I believe you have made a valid point for all who read our reviews. I have worked at a number of hotels that do not line their garbage cans with a bag and some that do, so there is not one absolute way to deal with this situation in our industry. Our choice to not have the plastic bags is in an effort to reduce the waste that is created at our hotel. I appreciate your concern for our employees and I assure you they are trained to make health and safety a number one priority in doing their job. They are provided with gloves to perform their work. They are trained in how to deal with "biohazard" such as blood and used needles and are empowered to refuse any task if they feel we are asking them to compromise their safety.

Thank-you for your concern.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have experienced on more then one ocation staff members arguing with guessed. Also for the price you should be treated better and as a returning guessed I tried to make a reservation one time and rooms where booked for one year in advance this I find hard to believe I think next time my family and I go to Banff we will stay at a camp ground site. Rates are better and parking for Handi Cap people always available and also if you have bikes, Ski"s,, Snow Boards ECT ...... There is NO place to store this equipment at this Hotel. Thanks very much for your time we Love very much but still over priced!

• Stayed: April 2014