“Made our stay work”

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Devon, Alberta
“Made our stay work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Staff were efficient and friendly. Even though "high season", they found us a room to extend our stay. King size bed in loft room was good even with circular staircase. Kitchenette rooms were ample although I didn't like beds up against the wall. Staff made this place exceptional.

Room Tip: Be sure you are truly mobile if you choose a loft room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
BanffManagement, General Manager at Charlton's Banff, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Devon_Res,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found our staff efficient and friendly and that we were able to extend your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Stephen Crossland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for four nights in August. We had a a loft suite with a spiral staircase which looked very nice online, however there is no bathroom up on the top level which was really inconvenient especially at night. The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk to the start of the main drag, so it is nice and quiet. The view was very disappointing. Breakfast was boring but service in the dining area was very good. Front desk staff were not helpful or friendly at all but they were polite. The hotel was clean and the bed was comfy.

Room Tip: Don't get a loft suite. the spiral staircase is a killer at night.
Dear CharlieNS

Thank you for your review, I apologize that our King Loft Suite and the complimentary breakfast did not meet your requirements. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, cleanliness and the service in dining area. It is important for us to receive all feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Thank you very much for staying with us.

Kind Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Charlton's Cedar Court in a King Loft suite. We absolutely loved it! The staff were very helpful (even when my computer would not hook up to their wifi (turns out Microsoft blocked it!). The breakfast ladies were so nice. It truly was a perfect place to stay...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sherry F

Thank you for your kind review. We are very lucky to have Gloria and Lanette running our breakfast room and I shall pass on your great comments to them. I am glad you enjoyed our King Loft Suite and that our staff were helpful in connecting you to the complimentary internet.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I would like to say how pleased my wife and I were with the service provided to us by Charleton Cedar Court. During our recent trip to Banff we were fortunate enough to stay at the Cedar Court in Banff. I have stayed at many Delta properties across Canada and found them very good and the staff friendly. The Cedar Court was the best so far.
I can be a little "high maintenance" at times, but the management always responded "it would be our pleasure to help". After some billing confusion we were provided with complimentary chocolates and sparkling wine. A few days later we contacted them again to extend our stay. Even though it was high season with little "heads up" they were able to make an accommodation for us in an even better room at a better price.

My wife and I have high standards for service and quality and the hotel exceeded them in every way. Being in Human Resources, part of my job is to spot outstanding achievers and every aspect of our stay was positive. The staff was extremely customer oriented and dedicated from the room service staff, breakfast hosts, and especially front desk and management staff. We had an extremely enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend the Charleton Cedar Court for travellers to Banff.
Randy Way and Anel Dominguez, Ottawa Ontario

2 Thank Randy W
BanffManagement, General Manager at Charlton's Banff, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Randy W,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us while you travelling in Banff.

It was very nice to meet you and I will pass on your kind comments to all my colleagues. We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Shannonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Charlton's Cedar Court. The staff friendly and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was ok. Our room had a loft which was fine for us but perhaps some travellers would not appreciate the spiral stairs.
It has a good location also, only a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. We also enjoyed the hot tub after walking and hiking all day. Overall we were very happy with our decision to stay at Charlton's Cedar Court.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if the room has a loft. Some travellers may not appreciate the spiral staircase.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Julie K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Charlton's Cedar Court.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and the bed comfortable.
The hot tub does come in very handy after a long day hiking!

Gibbons, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

On the main avenue so it was easy to locate, great covered parking to keep out hot sun or bad weather. Staff were friendly and helpful when queried. About a four block walk to the centre of town for shopping and restaurants. Style of the room was not for us as it was a loft, the main floor has the sofa, closet, bathroom, dresser with a TV, bar fridge and no microwave. The upper floor had the king bed with two small dressers and also a TV. If you want a drink or snack from the fridge you had to go down the spiral stairs, same if you need to use the toilet. Hot tub was very nice, big enough for 8 people, the swimming pool was small but great for kids.

Room Tip: see the review.
Dear railcruiser1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologize that the style of room did not fit your requirements on this occasion. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our large hot tub and pool as these are great for families.

Thank you for staying with us.

Scarborough
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had a terrible experience in July 2014. After confirming with the hotel I got my Banff Gondola tickets mailed to the front desk, from Air Miles. The hotel misplaced my mail. At the hotel I was told they don't accept mail at the front desk. They were kind enough to give me vouchers to visit the Gondola. After my trip they asked for the reimbursement and went ahead and charged my cc without my authorization. I got them Proof of Purchase from Air Miles for the reimbursement. The place is undergoing renovations and is highly overpriced

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear SudeSingh,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I must apologize firstly for the communication of the address from our side. We incorrectly gave you the street address to mail the tickets from Air Miles to Banff. We should have informed you that Banff does not have street delivery and given you our P.O. Box, for this I am sincerely sorry.

We did however work with you and gave you the tickets while we awaited confirmation from Airmiles and we were in constant contact with you over the past month via email trying to resolve the Air Miles missing tickets.

Once again I sincerely apologize that it took so long to resolve due to various factors.

Kind Regards

Stephen Crossland

Travellers are raving about these Banff hotels