I wanted to like this place, the pictures looked nice, has undergone recent renovations, and it doesn't nickel and dime you for services but it just didn't do it for me. First of all, most of the properties on the strip in Banff were built in the 60's. There is only so much they can renovate. If you're looking for more modern hotels like we are accustomed to staying in the USA then go to Canmore the properties are newer there. The staff was pretty nice, especially Ms. Gloria at the breakfast bar that everyone has raved about in recent reviews. Yes, she is great and genuine and the best thing that the hotel has going for them.
The hotel is more like a motel in that the rooms are connected but not in a covered hallway. There are no views and you have to keep your window shut because people can walk by and look in your room as they walk by. The worse thing was the smell, don't know how to describe it but smells like your grandma's old house. The room is very small and dark. It's a 15 minutes walk to down town, I don't mind walking, we were averaging 7 miles a day due to the hikes, but found that we would end up eating close to the hotel in stead of going downtown. After the first night we came back to our room at 230pm and it still hadn't been cleaned. Went down and asked if we could just check out, as we had decided to move to another hotel. They couldn't do it, but did allow us to change the reservation and leave the following morning. (we were able to do this because we booked direct with the hotel). We did this but noticed that they had changed the price of the room from 180.00 per night to 199.00 per night and didn't tell us. We just took the hit as we were desperate to leave and go to another hotel. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and they did leave a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates. We left and went to the Banff Park Lodge, a great place, nicer room but they do Nickel and Dime you for extras, parking, internet, and breakfast is not included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff