This is our second visit to this location. There is plenty to do to keep your family busy within the resort alone, from the play area to the waterslides. It's a quiet location, and yet close to the townsite. The loft we stayed in was spacious, very clean and had a gorgeous view. It was also nice to have a kitchen to do your own cooking. We also found the staff to be prompt and friendly and they do their best to address any need that arises.
The minor drawbacks we noticed was that some of the beds seemed a bit hard and that the upper floor of the loft was very warm. However, for all the other perks we got, it was a trade-off we could handle, especially for the price we paid.
We will be back to stay here with with our family again when we come to Banff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 Giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool,outdoor hot tub, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Freeinternet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff