As a family of 5 it can be difficult to get comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. Well we achieved that and more at the Douglas Fir resort. The room was nice, inc a balcony with a fantastic view of Rundle Mountain. Fireplace, Kitchenette and free WiFi.
For the days when the mountain weather has, well, the run of the mountains, there was an indoor double water-slide, pool and playground. Great fun! The indoor parking was convenient too our room, and for Banff in general as a place to visit for holiday, I couldn't speak highly enough. There was a small general store for supplies or downtown Banff was only a 5 minute drive for other goodies.
We all enjoyed our stay at Douglas Fir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff