Recently spent a weekend with our son, daughter-in-law and our two granddaughters at the Douglas Fir Resort.
Location: -situated right in the midst of the Canadian Rockies in Banff, Alberta.Scenery was absolutely beautiful.
Condo: -We stayed in a one bedroom (one king bed) condo with a loft (two queen beds) on a "Bed and Cook Your Own Breakfast" promotion.
-The condo waswell equipped for self-catering and came with ingredients for one morning's complimentary breakfast (eggs, bacon,bread,milk,coffee, juice).
-there was a full bathroom on the main floor and a half bath in the loft.
-wood burning fireplace in the living room and fire wood was provided.
-sofa bed capable of sleeping two in living room.
-flat screen tv/dvd player and internet available (no charge).
- we required a playpen and highchair; both provided at no charge.
Cleaning: towels were changed daily and trash was removed. We made the beds.
Resort: -large indoor pool, seperate pool for little children, two waterslides, hot tub, sauna
- play area in a seperate area restricted to children under the age of twelve.
-no on site resraurant which was fine for our family as we purchased groceries with which to make our own lunches and ate dinners in downtown Banff.
-the resort provides a shuttle service that makes frequent trips to downtown but we had our own vehicles so did not use.
Summation: This resort is family oriented and consequently very child friendly.We all had a wonderful weekend there. Also, I have to stress that the entire place is VERY CLEAN.We highly recommend.
Total cost (with taxes) for two nights was $448.81. Good value for price paid.
One final tip: Our GPS was unable to locate the Dougla Fir Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 Giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool,outdoor hot tub, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Freeinternet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff