Sunshine Mountain Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$167
US$339
US$272
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
US$428
US$398
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$167
US$186
US$112
Travelocity
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$126
Travelocity
1,022 results
All reviewschimney cornereagles nestwest winghot tubfirst trackschair liftseason pass holdersspring skiingski schoollift ticketsearly seasonski resortyour luggageski hillmurphy bedloft roomsfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We got a great deal on a room at sunshine and decided to go spring skiing while in banff np and it was fabulous. We bad a small older room,but we found it highly functional and nice. No complaints at all. We found it quaint. Lodge was great. Staff were great. Everything well run. Food was ok, not fabulous but a 6000 ft i don't expect it to be amazing. Great hot tub outside. Amazing experience to spend a night up there. Very very breathtaking. Skiing was truly amazing and no line ups. Some relly great runs and so much variety . Would go again for sure. Loved it. Spring skiing at its best.

Room Tip: We had a tiny older room and it was great. Newer rooms looked swanky.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank momandmeVictoria
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Every thing was just fantastic from start to finish.
We checked in at the bottom of the gondola and the Guest Service agent was fast, efficient and very knowledgeable about the hill and the services available on the mountain.
We had an amazing day of power skiing and when we got into our room all our luggage was in our room waiting for us to change into and hit the huge outdoor hot tub. This hot tub is massive and the staff from Chimney Lounge serve you beverages while you soak you tired body.
That evening we hit the Chimney Lounge again and watched sports and had a great meal and once again, great service.
This went on for 3 days!
I live only 2 hours from Sunshine village, but I make sure we spend at least the weekend because it is a real treat to stay up on the mountain at Sunshine Village.
The manager has to be proud of his operation and his staff.

See you soon
Rick

Room Tip: Rooms facing the runs are south facing so you get lots of warm afternoon sun on the deck.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had a lovely stay at this hotel mid-April! Such a special experience to stay on the mountain and wake up to a morning full of fresh powder. We were showing friends pics of our trip and recounting the feeling of calm -drifting off to sleep watching the snow falling and the lone light of a groomer climbing into the sky! And the still of a private mountain morning before the rest of the world ascends to take over the village. Logging some serious hot tub time is a must while there as well - panoramic views, snowflakes and a sweet dry sauna after is awesome! It's nice to stay somewhere with an emphasis on the environment as well - reclaimed lumber + rock as well as use of grey water and other details is nice to see in the renovations. It's definitely unique and clear that care has been put into all of the details of one's stay at the lodge

Room Tip: We got a tour- Eagle's Nest has an AMAZING view, our Balcony room had a beautiful view from the bed! The Waterfall rooms were nice and quiet although less view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin H
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The staff go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We stayed here with our 11month old toddler, and everyone was so understanding and accommodating of our desire to coveniently ski and yet still be able to still care for our little man well. Could not recommend this option enough for parents of very young children!! Room service was great and most portions were very reasonable. There is an added 18% gratuity on any order, just FYI. Service is outstanding in all departments. Thank you again SO MUCH for the room upgrade, it was VERY appreciated, and we were pleased to impress some friends (that met us on the mountain) with a quick peek at our perfect accommodations, and glowing review of the goodwill shown towards us. I'm sure we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Standish suite was great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shiney_traveller
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I planned to stay at the lodge 4 nights, but I loved it so much that I extended my stay twice. I was there 10 days and I still didn't want to leave!

The mountains are the big attraction. The lodge is so high that we got snow when the rest of Banff was getting rain. A staff member said that spring is usually a good time for snow at Sunshine. There is plenty of terrain. I snowboarded every day and never got tired of the riding or the views.

The friendly, helpful staff made my stay pleasant and worry-free. I lost my phone and they tracked it down and had it sent up from the base village. They don't normally do laundry, but I was in a bind and they happily helped me out. I can't say enough good things about the staff.

There are only two restaurants at the lodge, but they are both good. They are expensive, but I expect that at a ski resort.

The large outdoor hot tub is a good way to heal sore muscles and meet other guests. You can jump into the snow nearby if you get too hot. You can also order drinks from a phone next to the pool. How civilized!

I'm seriously tempted to go back before they close on May 20th.

Room Tip: The West Wing is new and the rooms are attractive and have a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo