“Very convenient location”
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

Banff Aspen Lodge
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel has what you need for a short stay. The room was very clean if a little small, with a nice bathroom. It is within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Banff. The staff were all friendly and efficient. Breakfast was fine with a couple of niggles. The scrambled egg was over cooked and dumped into one of those large rectangular stainless steel warming bins, so when you get it out it's all in a solid lump. Does anybody actually like scrambled egg like this? The butter and preserves are served in little dishes with 3 pats of butter even on tables for four. Insufficient of course and you have to ask for more and wait. Why? However the fresh fruit salad and the bacon are good. Small things that wouldn't stop me from staying again if I was in Banff. The pillows are very high and therefore uncomfortable in my opinion. However when I asked if they had any flatter ones they were delivered by the time I got back to my room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Friendly staff, very clean room and bathroom, easy check-in, pretty courtyard where hot pools were located. Great breakfast, pleasant servers, lots of choice. On main strip, close to shopping and town activities. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms opening on courtyard can be noisy if pools are full. Some rooms have balconies which is nice...
2  Thank Heather S
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We had a very good time staying at Aspen lodge in May 18th. Clean room and decent size, out door hotel tubs open till 10pm. Staffs are nice. Located at Banff ave, very close to shop. Highly recommended

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Denise

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to you joining us next time....hopefully for more than one night :)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently stayed here for seven nights during my third trip to Banff. Firstly, I liked the location - it's nearer town than most of the hotels along Banff Avenue (at the crossroads of Moose Street) but there is a Roam bus stop (No. 5) just 1 minutes walk down from the hotel and that provides easy access to the whole area for $2 a ride. The staff were nothing but helpful/courteous during the whole stay - they were able to store my luggage on the last day with no problems. My room was very clean and I heard very little noise (I'm a light sleeper). Perhaps it was the location or time of year but I had no complaints. The breakfast is served downstairs - there is a lift and toilets near by. The lack of windows was made up for by the good food - I recommend the granola which I understand they make in-house. The hot-tubs looked very inviting but overlooked by all the rooms if you're the shy type. They seemed pretty quiet throughout the week but were available until 10pm which is line with their noise curfew. I'm sorry I didn't use them. There is an in-house coffee shop next to the foyer if you fancy a coffee better than the machine in your room - it must be good becuase they got quite a bit of trade from passers-by. I'd have no problem in returning to this hotel (which was every bit as good as The Caribou and for less money). Well done!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Roadwest

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that we are your choice hotel now in Banff.

We look forward to offering you the same great experience the next time you come to Banff.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I made a short visit to Banff, because we were in Calgary at an event for a few days. When we arrived on a Tuesday evening in early May; the hotel was not busy. The front desk person was friendly and efficient. We learned that they upgraded us to a superior queen category. Our hotel room was really two rooms; a bedroom and a living room joined by a small hallway. The hallway had two sinks and a door to the bathroom containing the toilet and shower. Everything was clean. Be aware that the hotel corridors are outdoors. The plumbing was noisier than average and the room let in more exterior noise than we liked. The room lighting left the room a bit dim. The location of the hotel was very good for strolling along Banff avenue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi

Thank you so much for advising us on your most recent stay with us.

I am glad you were able to experience our fantastic customer service. This is what sets us aside from most other Banff hotels.

We look forward to offering the same hospitality the next time you come to visit Banff!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights May 2014. We had a great room on the 3rd. floor the staff were fantasatic and the free buffet breakfast was very good, Banff is a nice town plenty of shops etc.only a five minutes walk from the hotel

Hi Robin,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please give us a call the next time you come through Banff!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

From the minute you walk into Aspen Lodge, you know the place has character. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and hot tubs are unbeatable. The TVs are ancient, but if you're in Banff to watch TV, you're doing it wrong.

Great spot for a weekend getaway every few months!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Big Reddington,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am happy to say that we will be replacing all of our televisions with Flat Screens this year!

We look forward to having you back!