“Great night away with my husband!”
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

Banff Aspen Lodge
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on a spur of the moment trip to Banff this past weekend. We stayed in a superior room. It was on the corner and very secluded with a great balcony. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfy. The hot tubs were great and very clean. We really enjoyed the breakfast as well. They gave me gluten free options and went out of their way to help me out with my allergies. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The location was great, and it was only a few minute walk from everything. Thanks for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room! They're great and not along the hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi Melissa,

Your Welcome!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again on one of your spur of the moment weekend trips!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is an excellent hotel to stay with, with a great accomodation, breakfast, and great personnel to deal with. Price is very affordable. The place is situated in downtown and its close to different restaurants and fast foods. Rocky Mountains is visible for picture taking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is awesome, close enough to get into trouble but far enough away to stay out of trouble.

See you next time!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great stay at the Banff Aspen Lodge. The rooms was on the 3rd floor and had a nice balcony. The rooms were modern, clean and bright. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, a great selection or hot and cold items. I loved the homemade granola! It is an easy 3min walk downtown, the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Our granola is famous worldwide! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you next time

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel has what you need for a short stay. The room was very clean if a little small, with a nice bathroom. It is within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Banff. The staff were all friendly and efficient. Breakfast was fine with a couple of niggles. The scrambled egg was over cooked and dumped into one of those large rectangular stainless steel warming bins, so when you get it out it's all in a solid lump. Does anybody actually like scrambled egg like this? The butter and preserves are served in little dishes with 3 pats of butter even on tables for four. Insufficient of course and you have to ask for more and wait. Why? However the fresh fruit salad and the bacon are good. Small things that wouldn't stop me from staying again if I was in Banff. The pillows are very high and therefore uncomfortable in my opinion. However when I asked if they had any flatter ones they were delivered by the time I got back to my room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Friendly staff, very clean room and bathroom, easy check-in, pretty courtyard where hot pools were located. Great breakfast, pleasant servers, lots of choice. On main strip, close to shopping and town activities. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms opening on courtyard can be noisy if pools are full. Some rooms have balconies which is nice...
2  Thank Heather S
BanffAspen, General Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We had a very good time staying at Aspen lodge in May 18th. Clean room and decent size, out door hotel tubs open till 10pm. Staffs are nice. Located at Banff ave, very close to shop. Highly recommended

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Denise

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to you joining us next time....hopefully for more than one night :)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently stayed here for seven nights during my third trip to Banff. Firstly, I liked the location - it's nearer town than most of the hotels along Banff Avenue (at the crossroads of Moose Street) but there is a Roam bus stop (No. 5) just 1 minutes walk down from the hotel and that provides easy access to the whole area for $2 a ride. The staff were nothing but helpful/courteous during the whole stay - they were able to store my luggage on the last day with no problems. My room was very clean and I heard very little noise (I'm a light sleeper). Perhaps it was the location or time of year but I had no complaints. The breakfast is served downstairs - there is a lift and toilets near by. The lack of windows was made up for by the good food - I recommend the granola which I understand they make in-house. The hot-tubs looked very inviting but overlooked by all the rooms if you're the shy type. They seemed pretty quiet throughout the week but were available until 10pm which is line with their noise curfew. I'm sorry I didn't use them. There is an in-house coffee shop next to the foyer if you fancy a coffee better than the machine in your room - it must be good becuase they got quite a bit of trade from passers-by. I'd have no problem in returning to this hotel (which was every bit as good as The Caribou and for less money). Well done!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Roadwest

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that we are your choice hotel now in Banff.

We look forward to offering you the same great experience the next time you come to Banff.