“Great Hotel”
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

Banff Aspen Lodge
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My husband and I and 2 adult children stayed here in Sept 2010. It is a great location, with very nice rooms. It has a delicious free breakfast.. We would definately stay here again. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Banff Aspen Lodge

Reviewed 5 September 2010

We, a Chinese family from Cambridge MA stayed in Banff Aspen Lodge for 6 nights in Aug/Sep 2010. It is a very good hotel. Before we decided to stay in this hotel, we did some research on the internet. We found most of the reviews for this hotel were good, plus the rate per night was reasonable for us compared with other hotels in the town of Banff. The hotel's location is great, 5 minutes walk to the downtown, free parking, bathroom is very new and clean. The drain pipe for the bathtub works good. Toilet is very new. I heard the hotel was completely renovated in 2010. Room is large with 2 beds. We felt very good sleeping on the beds. Breakfast is included in the rate. The hotel front desk is friendly and helpful. They can give you some good suggestions of where to visit in Banff National Park, and in the town of Banff. We found this hotel is worth the value you spend in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Stayed here in May 10 for 3 nights as part of a tour and had a fantastic stay, hotel staff were friendly and welcoming and the beds were the most comfortable I could have wished for. Fantastic Mountain Views. Banff is only a small town and the hotel is located a few minutes walk from the shops. Breakfast was adequate but was provided by the hotel as an extra which was not included in the original tour so was much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank Lorraine1005
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. We had a second floor room facing the street. The balcony was a nice size and was great for enjoying the cool evenings and watching the world go by. The hot tubs were great, especially the fireplace. Breakfast was included each morning. We did appreciate having the fan in the room to keep the air moving since there was no a/c in the rooms. It was in a great location with an easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the2Dacys
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My room was clean, spacious and cheerful, and Internet was free. Breakfast was humble but fine. I got a package that included a night's stay, a ride up the gondola and a soak in the hot springs, all for less than the normal nightly price. The one drawback was the the views were not what I expected. If I stood on my deck and looked up and to the right, I could see a mountain, but I'd thought I was getting a panoramic view. But that was no big deal. Another downside is that I could occasionally hear water draining from a room above, but it was minor. The biggest plus was that the front desk people were extremely helpful and friendly, from sorting out internet problems to calling the hotel in my next destination to help me work out a booking problem. I would definitely stay here again. It's not five-star luxury, but was more than satisfactory for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank matesol
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Best inclusive breakfast in town. Friendly staff quiet clean comfortable and at a reduced midweek rate who could ask for more.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peterutherford
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I must have gotten a newly renovated room as it was a beautiful, modern looking room and I had two sliding glass doors. It was terrific. Those doors came in handy at night because the hotel does not have air conditioning and I needed to cool down the room before I sent to sleep. It just happened that it was a really hot day, my first night here. The mountain air at night helped cool my room but I wasn't comfortable sleeping with my patio doors open so keep that in mind. My room had a small fan that I used at night which was somewhat helpful. The outdoor hot tub is great! Take advantage of it. Although this hotel has about 10-15 parking spots underground and maybe another 20 spots in the back, I still had to look for street parking as I checked in after 8:30pm. After a long day that's not what I wanted to do but I was blessed with a parking spot across the street from the hotel. Just keep that in mind. The front desk is very helpful about identifying parking options. A great location as well - only a few blocks to all the shopping and dining in downtown Banff and safe to walk to/from. Beds were really comfy as well! Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank GuidedbyGrace
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Thank you for your note and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated guestroom; all rooms will be renovated by the end of this year! The hotel features two outdoor hot tubs with an outdoor fireplace; they are an incredible way to relax after spending a day exploring the Canadian Rockies. Parking is included in our room rates and is subject on availability. It’s great to hear how helpful our Front Desk Staff were to assist you in finding alternative parking.
Hope to see you on your next visit to Banff~
Christy