Tunnel Mountain Resort
US$174
US$163
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$87
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
US$96
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$425
US$405
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$69
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
Travelocity
US$222
US$178
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
1,185 results
All reviewssteam showertunnel mountainexecutive suiteliving roomjet tubgas fireplacefull kitchenheated floorsdowntown banffsized bedfree buscoffee makerindoor poolthe main streetlake louisebalconychalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2009

we stayed in the tunnel mountain resort and it was our favorite hotel. the hotel is a few mins drive from the town and it doesn't look very special from the outside but the rooms are lovely. we stayed in a executive suite and had and jacuzzi bath, steam room in the shower, heater floor tiles, fire place, huge bed and balcony. would def recommend staying here and i would not stay anywhere else if i went back to banff

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank specialshelley
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We travelled as a group of five and absolutely loved the resort for it's chalets and quality of service! The chalets are very well-located so easy to access from Banff's centre and yet, hidden away, where you can get really nice views of the Rockies. The best part was sightings of wildlife on site, where we spotted a deer, and perhaps one of the only sightings of wildlife during our trip, but we really enjoyed the fireplace and cozy chalets!

Kudos to also providing useful gadgets such as a wine and bottle opener! Things that are not so easy to come across in rooms! I'd really recommend Tunnel Mountain to a group of friends or family who are traveling to the Rockies and choosing Banff as a stop over.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Techyling
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Wasn't expecting much based on the exterior of the buildings, but was more than happy with the hotel. Rooms were clean and appear to have been recently renovated. They also had many features that are not found at a much more expensive hotel. I Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jparon
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Me and my family of 4 arrived after a long drive at the resort based on an earlier reservation by AMA. However the front desk employees treated us like con artist because they were asking for credit card information for payment rather than accepting debit or cash which was more than enough to cover the rental expenses. When I asked to talk to the manager to see why they were after my credit card information, the guy even didn't get out of his back room to answer my valid questions. He sent one of bell-girls to tell me that if I don't give my credit card to them for secure some unspecified fees, I should "leave". I found their attitude rude, unprofessional and not welcoming. Save yourself the hassle and mistreatment! We will never go there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My husband and I reserved a room about six weeks before our motorcycling trip through Alberta and BC Canada. I researched many, many rooms in Banff, finding that MOST had a price range of $150-$450 per night and some much higher. An important feature for all of my reservations was to have a liberal cancellation policy and a decent price, which this one did. I could hardly believe my luck when I found this room at $99 (CAD). Our room was an "Executive Suite". It wasn't downtown like many of the other hotels, but a very short, very scenic drive up the hill from town. We were able to park our motorcycles right outside the door (another important feature) too. The room was large with a high ceiling, had a very comfortable king bed, leather sofa, coffee table, and balcony. There were double vanities, a whirpool tub, and a separate steam shower! All of the towels were pure white and extra thick. Even the toiletries were extra nice! Also included was free WI/FI, A/C, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, wardrobe, big TV and DVD player, as well as a fireplace. The tile floors in the foyer and bathroom even had built in heating, controlled by a wall switch. The fixtures and towel bars were like those that you'd expect to find in a "high buck" hotel. I also liked the coffee mugs and glassware instead of your usual plastic or foam cups. This resort had very friendly staff, and had lots of pretty flowers in planters and hanging baskets outside. There was even a small grocery and liquor store right across the street. I would DEFINITELY recommend staying here! Check out their website and see for yourselves!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple