We had an unfortunate incident involving the Banff TV Media Convention but I am going to ignore that for purposes of my overall review because the hotel did try to make up for it. But be warned: check for any large conventions before you book your stay.
The good: unbelievable location and scenery. Tons of places to hike, bike, and explore. Fabulous spa. Courteous staff. The room was small but nice. Incredible view of the Bow River Valley and the Banff Golf Course.
The bad: food was terrible. Bow Valley Grill was the worst food and service on our entire trip (see separate review). Go into Banff for dinner.
We would highly recommend a stay here but not during a convention week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont