7,680 results
All reviewsgold floorbanff springsrundle loungestanley thompson wingthe bow valley grillchop housewillow stream spawaldhaus pubscottish castleiconic hotelbowling alleythe outdoor heated poolbucket listlake louisethe main hotelcanadian rockiesself parking
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

When we honeymooned in Banff in 1996, we couldn't afford the Banff Springs. We had to look at it from afar. Now we stay only there. The property is like stepping back in time when people dressed up for dinner. The rooms are what they are, very old, but very nice. Don't expect a modern room. Walking through the property is like walking through a castle. Beauty at every corner. If you are an Amex Platinum or Centurion card member, book your room through Amex Fine Resorts portal. We got a complimentary upgrade plus a $100 per person dinner comped. Stay here even if it's just to say you did.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon H
Fairmont_Banff_Mgmt, Manager at Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed. The Fairmont Banff Springs does make it on many bucket lists and we are truly honored.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Pulling up to the hotel I was in awe at the enormity and beauty of the hotel. However, once I got inside I was overtaken by tour groups, weddings, and conventions. I thought to myself, this is to be expected with a hotel this size. We mistakingly put the wrong check in date, and the hotel was accommodating by giving us a room for a discounted pre. The room was fine for the night, and I was excited to see what the room I reserved originally looked like. Boy..Once we got in the room, I wanted our cheaper room back. The fan in the bathroom was so loud, there were two small windows in the room so we couldn't see the mountains, there was horrendous would paneling, the bathroom was dirty, and to top it off we could here all of the noise from the ballrooms! Overall, I was somewhat disappointed because when I pay a pretty penny for a room, I expectit to be worth it. You are definitely paying for the enormity of the place not the rooms. They need to renovate the rooms to make it worth it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We want to connect with you and learn more as our standards are much higher than what you have shared. A hotel representative will be in touch.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Fairmont Banff Springs is an amazing hotel. We drove up and were so excited that we were staying in this castle in the mountains. However, our check in was not so good. We arrived at 4pm and our room was not ready so we had to wait another hour. We booked a suite and through the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program so we were hoping for an upgrade. The hotel was booked solid so there was no upgrade available. We finally checked into our room and were very disappointed. It had two rooms with tiny windows that looked at the roof of the conference center. I was traveling with my son and husband and we were all so upset when we saw the room which was at a rate of $799. My son thought it reminded him of a prison. This was not the best way to start the vacation. We immediately went to the front desk to see if we could change but there was no other rooms. They did discount our rate but it definitely changed our vacation as we spent absolutely no time in the room other than to sleep. Very disappointing. Lesson learned is that when you book at Banff Spring you need to call the booking agents directly to discuss what room you are getting. I wish I had done that ahead of time. I have always gotten such great rooms booking through the Amex FHR program I thought we would be taken care of.

The hotel itself was great. We ate every night at a different restaurant in the hotel. All of them were delicious. We loved the Rumble Lounge for drinks and they had wonderful live music. We also loved the patio for lunch. Amazing views. We took advantage of the spa and golfing. The amenities are wonderful. The service was ok.

We stayed 5 nights and then went on to the Chateau Lake Louise for two more nights. In hindsight, I would have spent less time in Banff and more time in Lake Louise. There was a lot more we wanted to see and visit between Lake Louise and Jasper.

Room Tip: Do not book suite 1924. Terrible. Call the Banff Springs booking agent ahead of time to discuss different rooms and what you desire. Rooms are all very different.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are very sorry for your disappointment and certainly welcome any advance communication with our guests that will assist us in understanding their precise needs.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful property. Booked two Stanley Thompson suites. We got a special rate for being from Alberta. They did check driver's ID. Summer time is high season for Banff. We had a big Mix Up on check in, but it was remedied by management in a satisfactory way immediately. The suite had a separate sitting area with TV, desk and couch. The two Queen beds were very comfortable. Free WIFI by joining President's club (which is free). We had the breakfast buffet at the Bow Valley room, which offered wide selection of food. A bit expensive though. The property grounds were beautiful and the pool was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DunkmanEdmonton

Thank you very much for your review and for visiting from Edmonton.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Hotel is beautiful, great service, great food. Had a wonderful time but forgot how busy this hotel gets during the summer month. Highly recommended, lots to do, great golfing if you have time!
Hotel prices are high but well worth the experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for visiting from Montreal. Banff National Park is very popular in the summer months as you mention. Our shoulder seasons generally include Fall and Spring, and skiiing can be at its best in Spring. We hope to see you again.