This truly was the highlight of our trip so far. It is a magical place with a maze of rooms which ties into its Scottish Castle feel. It wasn't unusual to step out of the lift and see people aimlessly wandering around looking for their room! We were also guilty of that. I'm sure there are many parts of the hotel we still didn't see during our stay. Every day was a magical mystery tour. Make sure you make the time to just wander around the hotel. It is truly amazing.
The room we had (King NS with mountain views) was beautiful. They are spacious with a separate walk-in robe making life very comfortable for the traveller. Ij hindsight we would have stayed maybe overnight in Jasper and spent extra days here. The village of Banff is gorgeous. Such a beautiful setting surrounded by mountains.
We at both in-room and off site at the hotel's Waldhaus pub. The restaurant attached to the pub was booked out with tour groups but the pub fare was delicious with a magnificent view and overlooking part of the golf course.
Room service dinner was beautiful food well presented and not as expensive as other places. There are many places scattered throughout the hotel to eat. Only on the last day after we had earn breakfast at the Bow Grill did we find a little deli/cafe where you could have a generous breakfast roll, coffee and juice for $5. You could also buy a picnic lunch there plus lots of other foodstuffs like fruit, yoghurt, granola bars and much much more. There were several booths and tables to sit and eat or you could take away.
The back terraces, there is a pool level and one above, towards the back of the hotel overlook the most magnificent mountains. Have an ice-cream from the ice-cream kiosk, or if it's chilly sit inside the vast lounge and have a tea or even happy hour.
All in all we absolute loved this hotel and long to return for a much longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont