“Great Views and lots of room”

Hidden Ridge Resort
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here with a friend last week and we had a great time. We had a two bedroom condo with 1 1/2 bathrooms and lots of room, could make breakfast each morning and it was really comfortable, with a lovely deck with a view of the mountains. Very nice, clean and comfortable. We had a great time in the hot tub (which is more like a hot pool)! and it had wonderful views of the mountains as well. So relaxing. Only thing I wish there had been a bar or cafe so you didn't have to go off property to get a drink or dine.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially people who don't want just a hotel room!

Room Tip: Views are handed out on a first come first serve basis, so if you want one, get there as close to 3p...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CelticDreamTours
Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We loved our stay at the tranquil hidden ridge resort. make sure you book the 2 bedroom chalets, the extra space and forest views are worth it. Self contained chalets and relaxing by the fireplace, we looked forward to getting home from our walks and drives to relax in the outdoor hot tub with views of mountains. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there is a coin laundry if you are traveling for a long time. Free parking is a bonus and a free shuttle bus takes you into town if you don't want to drive to dinner and the gondola and hot springs. We booked an 'oh canada eh' dinner show in canmore which pick up and drop off at the hotel and was a fun night!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank HayleyAdam
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I've been booking our trip for September, and have had a couple of changes to the reservation. All the communications have been via e-mail, which might be a little cold and impersonal. However, the staff response from Hidden Ridge has been warm and friendly. I never felt that I was being a bother. Now, as I read through the reviews, I am getting even more excited about the stay. It sounds like the perfect location, that my friend and I are looking to find - relaxing, not in the centre of town, but surrounded by the Rocky Mountain beauty. Love the fact that I could pre-book some groceries to be in the unit when we check in. While I don't want to rush the summer away, I'm looking forward to September to arrive and enjoy Banff. It sounds like the excellent customer service I've experienced online will be there and then some when we actually arrive at the resort.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thanks for the review! We're thrilled to receive it and I have shared it with our reservations team. It isn't very often they receive such kudos and I hope they are feeling more appreciated today thanks to your kind remarks! See you soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed here for one night this week. It was our second time back and each time we've stayed in a two bedroom loft unit. We upgraded from a one bedroom so that we could have a balcony and no one above us. There were only two of us but we love having all that space and for such a reasonable price. We ate out in Banff for dinner but cooked breakfast at the resort. The kitchen had all the amenities that we needed. At check in, they give you a coupon book that can be used at different places in town as well as a free pass on their shuttle bus. I would definitely return again.

1  Thank Ode52
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our recent trip to the Canadian Rockies...we loved the hot tub overlooking the mountains, the comfort of a fireplace, free movies, fully-fitted kitchen. The room was beautifully furnished and comfortable, and we were sorry to leave (except that we had more scenery and wildlife to explore!)

Room Tip: We liked our room, #101, because it was right next to the hot tub.
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here because of the #1 ranking on trip advisor. I'm a bit surprised. It's ok and a handy location but nothing special. Dark inside the two bedroom loft unit and very smoky. There are lower units in the basement of each row of rooms and their fireplace is hooked up with upper units. I would say a good fit for a family looking to cook and do laundry but not great for a romantic get-away or business purposes, much better places in Banff for that.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a lower unit unless you're a mushroom
2  Thank AlbertaBushman
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Got a good deal from travel zoo and a reasonable upgrade to a three-story condo. The property is new and clean. Friendly staff, free bus pass, well located spot, everything just perfectly meet our need! We are more than happy to come back again!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple