“Best place to stay in Banff hands down”

Hidden Ridge Resort
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Vancouver, Canada
“Best place to stay in Banff hands down”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm so impressed the Hidden Ridge resort. They really went above and beyond to make the stay as peaceful and enjoyable as possible and I can't recommend it enough. First of all, this is an "apartment style" resort which means you get a distinctly different experience than even the more expensive and luxurious hotels or budget hotels alike will offer. We stayed in a loft style room with a separate bedroom on the downstairs floor, completely stocked kitchen (it's seriously considerate how much they thought of) and the view is to die for. Even if the room had been run of the mill I would have come back for the location. It's the kind serenity and peace you can only find nestled in the mountains of Banff and everyone visiting should have that experience. We significantly cut back our plans for shopping and sight seeing because we were only staying one night and preferred to sit on the balcony and take in our view as the sun went down.

Hidden Ridge has a lot of extras available for you if you simply ask. The staff were lovely and friendly and so, so helpful if you have questions about the resort of banff they will do anything they can to help. One thing in particular that sealed my love of this place is the complimentary dog accessories if you are travelling with a furry family member. They set down a huge fluffy dog bed, bowls and a dog toy (new, tag still on!) the latter of which your dog gets to keep. You can guarantee a repeat visit from me if a hotel exceeds my expectations, sure, but if you do that as well as making the stay extra special for my dog then you have my lifetime loyalty. I will never stay anywhere else in banff but hidden ridge.

1 Thank D L
HiddenRidge, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Wow! Thanks for the kind words and the great comprehensive review of the resort. It is an honour to be considered to be the best place to stay in Banff. Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
LONDON
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in August 2014. Family of 4 we had a two bedroom room (number 208).

The room / apartment itself was spacious, beds were very comfy indeed and facilities excellent.

Of particular note for us as a family on our stay was the free dvd's and board games on offer at reception. Brilliant facility when the rain came and clouds covered the views...

The staff were friendly, the hot pool and sauna was perfect for tired limbs and for meeting other guests for a brief chat.

The rooms come with a good kitchen and free coffee sachets. It was also nice to get clean tea towels every day.

We loved it here and just wish we could have stayed when the weather was better so that we could have sampled the free BBQ facilities.

The hotel is on the edge of town but the hotel offers free bus passes for local routes and there was a stop right outside the entrance (great for us as it mean both of us could have a drink over dinner...).

No real negatives. Perhaps the cleaning and room makeup could have been better but on whole this was immaterial to our enjoying staying here.

We loved it here and would certainly stay here again if we are ever lucky enough to visit Banff again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan R
Thanks for the great comprehensive review and the staff and I also hope you are lucky enough to come and visit us again!
Calgary
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first time here and we loved it. We were celebrating our anniversary and our kids treated us to a room with a hot tub on the balcony.

Staff was extremely courteous and a pleasure to deal with. After checking in we were given a bag with some treats and a bottle of wine with a card congratulating us on our anniversary. It was a sweet gesture that we truly appreciated.

The room was spectacular. There was a powder room on the main floor, kitchen, dining table that sat four, living room with a small fireplace, and a private balcony with a hot tub. Upstairs was a king size bed, full bathroom and a wonderful view of the mountains.

It was truly a wonderful and relaxing stay. To sit in your own private hot tub outside with an incredible view of the mountains is beyond words.

The fireplace was a bit small but it was still enjoyable. There was underground parking which was very nice.

Something odd occurred with the hut tub. It suddenly lost water. It was late in the evening and we were basically done anyway. Short while after we noticed there was no water there was a knock on our door and someone was there to look at. When we woke up the following morning the tub was full and ready to enjoy again.

We have absolutely no regrets staying here. Yes, it's a little pricey if you get the hot tub suite, but it is so worth every dollar spent. Staying here was just what we needed to recharge and relax.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great comprehensive review of your anniversary stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed the king jacuzzi suite and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you for every anniversary here on in!
canada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The first noticeable problem was the patio door screen ( the screen was ripped off the frame) and the unstable chair on the deck. I called the front desk and these issues were fixed right away. Later that night I realized that there was no screen on the window in the loft and the smaller window screen was also bent. I had to use a fan to keep comfortable all night. The next morning the shower was not draining as I stood in water to my ankles. As I was staying for 2 nights I thought to stop and speak with the manager before heading out for the day. He did not seem too concerned and said "I'll see what we can do" when I returned that evening the screen was put in but the condo was not serviced properly, the coffee was not even topped up. There was dish soap spilled and left in a pile on the floor. The kitchen tap was loose and could have been pulled right out if u wanted. Very disappointing considering I always make this my first place to look for accomadation whenever we go to Banff. I raved about the hotel to my parents as this trip I brought them. I was very disappointed with the condition of the condo

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Only choose the 2 bedroom plus loft as these are their new units the other suites are dated
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Beachbab31
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have stayed at Hidden Ridge for 3 years in a row and appreciate having a kitchen to prepare breakfast as well as lunches for a day of hiking as well as a few dinners "at home." The sound-proofing isn't great as you can hear your neighbors flushing the toilet, showering or getting ready in the morning, but people are respectful and keep unnecessary noise to a minimum. The rooms are clean and all of the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We were in a deluxe one bedroom plus loft (room 212) and had an awesome west facing balcony that was private, facing a forested ravine and Mt. Norquay. I think that there are similar rooms are from 2O1 to 214. One of the highlights for us is the roomy outdoor hot tub with a beautiful view of the Bow Valley. What a wonderful way to end a day of hiking! There is also a cooler pool (but not too cool) and a very warm sauna. The location of the resort is ideal because it is a 5 minute drive from downtown Banff, but far enough away to really feel like you are staying in the mountains. 2 huge barbeques with seating for groups are available, and shuttle bus service to downtown Banff runs on a regular schedule.

Room Tip: Try to get a room AWAY from the campground and bus stop. We were in 212 (2 bedroom) and there was a...
4 Thank Colleen H
Thanks for the review. I am sure your opinion will help other travelers make an informed choice when staying at the resort and we are very thankful for that. We look forward to welcoming you back for another future stay. Please be sure to book under the same name so we can keep track of your preferences and therefore ensure a quality location and stay each and every time.
birmingham UK
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during a touring holiday across Canada.

Hidden Ridge resort was located in a very picturesque area of Banff and just a short drive from the main High Street, there is also a bus which runs from the resort to downtown. The staff in the reception were always very helpful, however we were disappointed with the accommodation itself. We had a room for two people on the ground floor both the bedroom and bathroom were very small and there were no shelves in the bathroom to put any toiletries out also there was very little hanging space for clothes. The lounge and kitchen area was okay but quite dark.

Because of the fantastic setting and very helpful staff we still enjoyed our stay here, but I do feel that the accommodation could be much improved with a bit more attention to detail.

Room Tip: A room over looking the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review and your kind words. We are sorry you only had an average stay, however, in our deluxe one bedroom condo. We have made and our constantly making refreshing efforts in those units but I understand your comments and I will consider them for future projects.
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a lovely experience away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Banff. You can easily access the downtown via bus but return to the tranquil atmosphere you dreamed of. The surrounding area is perfect for an evening stroll .The pool and spa offer spectacular views of the mountains. We had an amazing time as we chose this location for our family reunion and they were able to keep us all comfortable in one unit. The front desk staff is fantastic and eager to please as was everyone who works onsite. Thank you all for a memorable trip for our family who travelled from far to experience Banff.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool have a fantastic view of the mountains.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel