“Wonderful Location!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #21 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Homestead Inn for our duration of trip to Banff for the Bon Appetit food festival. The location was perfect! We were able to walk out the door to downtown Banff, and come back multiple times a day for naps, change our footwear, etc. etc. etc. It was very convenient and the staff were very friendly! The hotel was obviously older (there's a great history here! Very interesting!) but clean! My boyfriend was amused by the 80's CRT television, but I thought it was homey. It was very quiet, I could never hear anyone moving about.

In short: a simple inn with wonderful customer service and an even better location. It's not fancy, but I would go there again!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was silent!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlliFirefly

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Homestead Inn was a good location in town considering what our options were with our tour group. No A/C - windows only, on the main street. It was quieter into the night. Not as clean as I would have liked it as it was an older hotel. There were holes in the ceiling and the woodwork. Needs refurbishing. We had access to the nice pool and exercise room across the street. Would not stay here again until it was redone. Banff was a neat town, but the hotel was not much. I'm not sure how much other choices you have in Banff.

Room Tip: My review says it all
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank southernaire
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Rooms very old water stains on bathroom door from flooding I presume. Beds sagged out to the point of being low to the floor. The only reason we choose this hotel was because it was pet friendly. Very loud at night . The girls at the front counter were very nice and helpful no concerns with customer service just the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank peachy91
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband and I needed a room for the night. The Homestead Inn is very clean, very spacious and comfortable. Convenient to the downtown area and close to shops and restaurants.
The wi-fi was $5.00 extra but the signal was terrific.
Thanks for the great price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PriscillaStouffville
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Have stayed a few times now and come back because I know I can rely on it. Always friendly staff and spotlessly clean. Spacious rooms and comfortable beds.
Is a superb location in Banff; away from the busy main avenue but only a 2 minute walk to get to it for restuarants etc. It is also very close to the Bow River which is lovely to walk along morning and evening. The Homestead is on the road that heads out of Banff to the 1A, handy if driving to the ski resorts at Sunshine, Lake Louise etc.

Only negative is that the walls are thin and I have had noisy neighbours for a night or two!

Overall, well priced for somewhere like Banff and would recommend

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luba1
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We walked in off the street. Were immediately sorted by a lovely English lass. Paid less than we thought, as we have found travelling through BC, Yukon and Alberta, not to be a cheap experience. From the look of the outside of the Homestead Inn, we thought we would find a pretty basic and tired looking room. This was not the case,The linen was fresh and relatively new, WiFi was fast and easily accessed and the shower was great, heaps a volume a rarity these days. Also we walked down the alleyway into the main street- no having to drive anywhere. The bar next door gave great service and the food wasn't bad, we didn't try the restaurant. Overall Banff was a very pleasant stay. Jacquie and Steven. Australia

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacqueline C
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The Rooms were clean and modern....not what one might expect from the outside. If we hadn't pre-paid we probably would have moved on. In the end it was better than we expected but still over priced for the accommodations. The staff was nice, it is just a dated facility. We did not shop around in Banff but there has to be a better value.

Room Tip: I have nothing to add. The alley parking does nothing to improve on the ambiance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple