“So Incredibly enjoyable”

Ranked #3 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“So Incredibly enjoyable”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in mid-August - the Rundle room. Everything was meticulously clean and well appointed. The view of mount Rundle from the balcony was breathtaking especially at sunset when everything was bathed in a rosy blue glow.
Jamie was genuinely warm and welcoming, informative on hiking and running trails but not overbearing – just a delight. The location enabled us to walk a block to the city centre for restaurants and shopping. Don't miss the Farmers' Market Wednesday mornings. We hope to return again soon.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wales UK
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My husband and myself stayed for 3 nights in early August and were so pleased with our stay at Thea's House.
The standard of accomodation is outstanding,and we loved our room the Norquay Suite.The room was so immaculately clean and looked out to Mt Norquay.The linen and towels were of high quality amd the bathroom had a spa bath.Plenty of facilities were in the room,iron,dvd and cd player etc.
Outside our room it was great having unlimited tea/coffee, juice, water and healthy snacks.
We found Jami very informative and approachable and polite.She was very well organised and I like that.
We would recommend Thea's House, it is so close to town and if we ever visit Banff again this is where we would stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Norquay room but I am sure each room would be nice
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Thea's House is a lovely b&b three blocks from Banff Ave in the city of Banff. Jami, the proprietor, has decorated the four rooms with beautiful wood pieces and artwork that reflects the area and the history of the house. She keeps it immaculately clean and has soft and comfy linens and bedding.

Jami aims to take care of those of us visiting her house. Excellent breakfasts with a variety of fresh fruits, hot dishes, and I might add, terrific coffee (I'm hard to please). For our early predawn photo excursions she packed brown bag breakfasts that perfectly hit the spot!

Staying for 10 nights allowed us to find a rhythm for our vacation and coming back to a spotless room in the middle of the day, allowing the cool air to come in through the door to outside and running the ceiling fan made for luxurious days as well as nights.

Access to the main street in Banff was simple and we took many walks, always looking forward to walking back to the lovely pot of flowers outside her door and the calming water feature in the yard.

I felt pampered...I relaxed...and I had a great 'home' to come back to after excursions into Banff National Park.

Wow!! Just do it.

houston
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Thea's House is the perfect home away from home while in Banff - and within easy walking distance (5-10 minutes) of the town center, filled with little shops and more great restaurants than you can imagine. I've learned to trust TripAdvisor's reviews and Thea's House exceeded my expectations. As innkeeper, Jami keeps her beautiful home immaculate. Each of the three rooms is more than spacious and beautifully appointed with king-size beds, luxurious linens and a gas fireplace. A beautifully presented and generous breakfast is served in her cozy breakfast room with amazing views of the glorious surrounding mountains. I highly recommend a stay at Thea's House.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Theas for 4 nights and we had a lovely time there.Jami is a wonderful host and a wonderful person.She does an amazing job in keeping everything to such a high standard.We stayed in the Rundle room which was really beautiful and had the most stunning views.Jami takes alot of pride in her home which is a credit to her.Great location, easy stroll into town.The breakfast each morning was delicious,Jami makes the best strawberry pancakes ever!!! Staying here made our holiday in Banff more special.Make sure you meet Lula,she loves giving lots of kisses!!My husband and I will be returning to Banff in the not too distant future and we will be returning to Thea's.I can highly reccomend this property. j and t Queensland,Australia

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julietonyjackzac
London
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I booked this B&B after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and I would definitely recommend a stay here for anyone visiting Banff. Jami the hostess made us feel very welcome and our room was wonderful. We were very tired after a long flight from the UK and it was a little slice of heaven starting our holiday off nicely. Rooms are spacious and immaculate and lovely Aveda toiletries give it the luxury element and we had great views from our window of the mountains. Despite its close proximity to town it was nice and quiet so you got the best of both worlds being close to town but not too close to ensure a good night's sleep was had. Thoroughly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Cape Town
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We arrived at Theas House with trepidation, having read the "poor" reviews, which highlighted the "rules" and "unfriendliness".

The reality is very different. Its sad that Jami and Greg have to even tell people about the so-called rules as they are just basic respect and cleanliness. Its because of the rules that their place is emmaculate and we can all enjoy the impeccable luxury. Taking off your muddy and snowy shoes before you stomp on their hard-wood and cream-carpeted floors is common sense (why do you even need be asked). I didn't encounter any other "rules" as mentioned by the other reviewers.

Theas House is in a wonderful spot, a stroll from the centre of town. It is a stunning house, with every possible need and luxury catered for. The attention to detail is amazing. Things I didn't know I wanted (like a midnight snack of a granola bar and creme-brulee tea) - huddled in front of a glorious fire in our bedroom with a deer walking along the road below. Even breakfast was parcelled up for us so we could hit the road early before breakfast.

Thank you Jami for your wonderful hospitality. We'll definitely make the long trek from Cape Town to visit you again.

Room Tip: Norquay - brilliant
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple