My family and I arrived in Banff and found the Caribou Lodge and Spa and were checked in efficiently. We went up to our room and immediately found that it was not air conditioned, but had a fan. We went out to dinner and when we returned, I tried the fan. It was unidirectional and I thought we would need another fan as there were four of us in the room and it was a fairly warm evening. I called down to reception and the man on duty said that he would sort it out quickly. 45 minutes later, I called reception again and again the same man said that he would sort it our quickly - I told him that that's what he said last time. 45 minutes later, another fan still hadn't arrived. My husband by now was getting upset at he and the kids were going whitewater rafting and had to leave very early. I needed to keep cool for medical reasons, so I decided to go down to reception to see if they were very busy. When I got down there, there was one person talking to one of the receptionists and two were talking to each other. Well, I was very angry when I saw this but kept my cool. I asked to speak to the manager and one of the ladies said she was the supervisor on duty. I told her that I had been kept waiting for 1 1/2 hours for a fan and that it was now late and we had an early start. She said she would get onto it immediately and to her credit, we received the fan in 15 minutes. We had a decent night's sleep and when the kids and my husband left, I went downstairs I asked to speak to the manager to thank them for the second fan. The supervisor was happy that it was finally resolved and apologized profusely for the time it took to get it to our room.. I told her that the hotel was lovely as was the room we had and that in the 21st century (traveled extensively) that it was unusual for the hotel to not have some kind of air conditioning since Dyson had the heater/cooler fan. The General Manager over heard us talking and said that they had air conditioning units available for people who would benefit due to medical conditions and that she will have it set up. I thanked her for that - she also offered us a breakfast voucher for the Keg restaurant (delicious breakfast and lunch!!) on site. I thanked her for that. When we came back in the late afternoon, the room was cool and there was a card from the management apologizing again. It included the breakfast voucher and also a delicious bottle of Argentinian red wine with two wine glasses! A very nice touch. I would recommend this hotel as the facilities (gym, hot tub and steam room) were good and the management did their utmost to make amends for the long delay of the second fan!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff