“Very good hotel”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Barcelona
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 26 September 2007

Expensive but very good hotel. Clean. A little far away from the center of Banff.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Norwich
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My fiance and I had a pleasant stay here for one night. The room was nice - we had a view of the mountains behind us. Staff were pleasant - we got there v. early to check in so our room wasn't even vacated, but they stowed our bags and let us know where we could get breakfast (great place called Melissa's about 5-8 mins walk away). It was a bit to far out of town than i would've liked - took about 10 mins to get to the main street.
Breakfast the next morning (which was included in price) was OK, buffet/continental style.

• Liked — view from window
  • Disliked — just that bit too far from town
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank britchicklet
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 September 2007

Actually I did not stay at this hotel because we were advised by the hotel that they did not have rooms for us even though we had a confirmed reservation. They offered us a lesser hotel at the same rate. My husband actually went to check the hotel they offered us as an alternative. It was not even in the town area which was my first criteria for choosing the Banff Inn. The front desk was clueless and the hotel management was arrogant. Thanks goodness I got a queen suite at Irwin's Mountain Inn at the same rate.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 September 2007

We stayed at the Banff Inn one night as a stop before driving north. It was, well, fine. Check in was painless, lobby is nice. I would describe the room as functional: small, furniture that reminded me of my old college dorm furniture, clean. Nothing stood out as particularly good or bad, but for a night it was OK. It was a bit farther from the center of town, but that was good because it was quiet at night. I wouldn't say it would be a great romatic place to spend many days, but if you get a good deal and are basically looking for a place to sleep after hiking or skiing, for a night or two, I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2007
Edmonton
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Well when we got there the help desk was absolutely useless just asked them for a recommendation on a nice restaurant and they were like "oh why don't you just come down and look at our brochure". The sheets were smelly, room was ugly and the bathroom was disgusting especially the tub. I don't know if its just me but the trip was nice but the hotel definitely killed it for me. And of course one more thing the breakfast was crap. Well we were just staying for one night and didn't wanna spend to much on hotel but with this experience I wouldn't mind spending extra money on a better hotel.

• Liked — absolutely nothing!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Manitoba
Reviewed 31 July 2007

I have just returned from a trip to Banff and stayed at the Banff Inn during our two day stay. I highly recommend this hotel for various reasons:
We found the price per night reasonable by Banff accommodation standard prices.
The room was clean and quiet, as well as nicely cooled by the air conditioner which was a welcome relief after the 30 degree heat of the day.
They have a complimentary continental breakfast which is very good by Canadian standards. Sturdier cutlery would be a wonderful addition to a good healthy breakfast.
The staff are very helpful and try to assist as much as they can when questions are asked of them.
This will be my favorite summer hotel destination in Banff as long as the service is as great as it was this time. I had no disappointments; and it was a pleasure to stay here!

• Liked — Air conditioned room with a fantastic view!
  • Disliked — The plastic cutlery at breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2007

We stayed at the Banff Inn for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon in the rockies. For the price we paid for our room (which we thought fairly cheap) our expectations were exceeded on our arrival - a great hotel all round! It has a really welcoming atmosphere, the decor is modern and clean and the room spacious. It is ideally located about 10 mins from the town, and considering the road works taking place ideally situated away from the noise!
We loved all our time in Banff. Do walk up Tunnel Mountain if you get the chance the views are spectacular, and try and eat at the Saltlik Steakhouse in town - great food and cocktails!
I would not hesitate to recommend the Banff Inn - I wish we could do it all over again! Although they really do need to reconsider the plastic cutlery and polystyrene plates at breakfast!

Stayed May 2007