“Big with bus groups”
Review of Banff Inn

Banff Inn
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 17 July 2014

And yes... I was with one... so I apologize to any single families that this effects. There were something like 5 buses there while we were there. As a result, I don't think the staff is as attentive as they could be. At one point I walked up to the counter and one of the staff was writing in a notebook.. but never looked up. I had to wait till another staff member came to the desk to get any answers. One night I had to walk from my room to the front desk to get a wake up call because no one answered the phone. I guess I should consider myself lucky though because one of our group didn't even have a phone in his room! When he reported it to the staff they didn't seem too concerned. It took a call from our group leader to the management to get him a phone the next night. It didn't matter because several people spoke of no wake up calls...period.
Now for my biggest complaint/concern and that's the scalding hot water in the bathroom. I am not exaggerating. The fixture in the bathtub is so sensitive, that a small tap in one direction on the water is cold, tap it in the other direction and the water can get DANGEROUSLY hot. I would be very careful about leaving children unattended at the sink or in the tub especially. In addition... if someone is using the sink or toilet somewhere, your water temp can change in a heartbeat. I was taking a shower one night and this happened and I just about jumped through the far wall. My son thought I had fallen in the tab I yelled so loud... it was painful.
The staff again was advised as several in the group complained and the group leader again approached the staff and he was told "Yes, that's a maintenance issue, and had been for some time". I'm sorry....isn't that the point of a maintenance issue? To have Maintenance FIX it?" Again... be very careful in the shower ....
The rooms are very spacious, but unfortunately, since ours lacked a couch or lounge chairs (just a round table and two wooden chairs) it felt spartan, empty. Some rooms also have three or four steps so be careful if you have trouble with stairs that you request a room without stairs. There is a refrigerator in the room which was nice, but plastic cups ..no glass.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give is that you can take the #1 Banff public bus for $2 ($1 seniors) into town b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed one night on our way through the mountains and there are only two good things I can say. The view from our room was terrific and the bed was comfy. Otherwise, the towels were like sandpaper, the room doesn't come with an iron or ironing board, it's a fair walk to town and the staff in the breakfast room were more interested in chatting than anything else. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pickeringgal
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We found this to be one of the cheaper hotel options in the Banff area and for the price it did not disappoint. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious and the Wi-Fi worked great. I agree with others about the parking - the garage is small and if you have a large car or truck I would definitely recommend parking it on the street. The breakfast was a bit disappointing, with just cereals, cold hard boiled eggs, toast and yogurt. It definitely will not fill you up if you have an active day ahead of you. The hotel is also a very pleasant 15-20 minute walk from the heart of downtown Banff. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel is down the street from the "main downtown" which I think makes it cheaper. Still close to see everything. Room is small, but all you need is the basics. You don't stay in it long. Breakfast was all cold items, but still a good variety including large muffins. The hot tub was extremely hot. We got back early evening as there doesn't seem to be very many spaces in there underground parking. I don't know where I would've parked if it was full.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise W
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Of the 3 hotel we stayed during our Canadian Rockies Tour, this hotel offers the biggest of the Double Queen room, and the best view from room. Only negative for us is the lack of a kettle in the room. The food variety is limited in the hotel pub/restaurant, and the breakfast they offered was not as good as the other two hotels in Jasper and Lake Louise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WoodlandsSingapore
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This amazing find slightly out of town is economically priced and spotlessly clean and shiny. The staff are amazing and go out of their way to be helpful and assist with any of your needs. Mountain view is awesome and I would definitely visit again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back facing the mountain
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the Banff Inn for 2 nights in a 2 x queen room. the room was on the opposite side to Banff Avenue and had views of the mountains from the very small balcony.

The car parking garage was quite small, if you have a mid to large size car I would just park on the stree.

The breakfast was basically toast and cereal and was very difficult to get food during the peak times. On our final morning we just grabbed some muffins and left.

All in all I would stay again as your main purpose in Banff is stay out of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the peak times for breakfast as the room is very small
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family