Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$234
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$244
Hotels.com
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$242
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Restaurant
US$305
US$295
  • Pool
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$216
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$233
Banff Inn(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$253
Hotwire.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswood burning fireplacebison tenderloinlake louiselog cabinmarble canyoncozy cabinsrustic elegancecharcuterie boardcanadian rockiesclaw foot tubsnow shoesgreat canadianperfect mountainbanff national parkromantic weekendour honeymoongranola
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I spent one night here on December last year.... I wish i stayed longer, this place is beautiful!!!
My cabin was cozy, spacious, there was a fire place, i had the best sleep!!!
Dinner was great, the restaurant is amazing, I enjoyed every minute I spent here :)
For breakfast I had the granola parfait.... JUST PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Libertad-Peru
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent three nights at this amazing place and would highly recommend it as a base to explore banff national park. The cabins are cosy and comfortable and really romantic. Each is secluded and comes with a pile of logs to light a fire in your cabin. Even though it was late July there is a chill in the air at night so it was lovely to retire to bed in front of a roaring fire. The restaurant is a fine dining experience with excellent food and wine. I had lamb rack and it was undoubtedly the best I'd ever had. Reservations are needed for dinner. On our first night we had no reservation so took an awesome sharing platter back to our cabin. Breakfast was great. Recommend the granola. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Our cabin was fairly close to the road but it was still quiet and caused no problems.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank she57
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent one night here after multiple days of backcountry hiking. The cabin was everything we hoped for and more - very comfortable with a fire place and cozy bedroom. All the wood for the fire was waiting for us when we arrived making our experierince seamless. The restaurant was delicious though pricey, definitely finish your meal with the apple crumble. If you're looking for an easily accessible mountain escape - Storm Mountain is the place for you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenHen_Explorer
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved our 2 nights in our charming, authentic cabin. Did not use the fire place, since my husband has asthma, but the ambiance of the old fireplace was perfect. Dinner and breakfasts were great in the main lodge---especially liked the granola/fruit/yogurt parfait for breakfast along with the fruit muffin/scones. One night we just wanted a light supper in our friend's cabin, while we played bridge. We ordered a cheese and olive tray and, of course, dessert---which was brought to our cabin. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. When we wanted to change cabins, so we could be close to our friends, they were quick to please us. When I think of our 8 day trip to Banff and Lake Louise, I think of Storm Mountain.

Room Tip: You can hear highway noise from most of the cabins, but not after you close the doors. All of the cabins are unique---like no where else you will ever stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jpmf
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just back from 6 nights at Storm Mountain. My perspective may be different than others that have shorter stays.

The service staff are lovely and the facility is relatively well maintained. There is a restaurant onsite. I would return.

The things to note are:
1) Although we were here in the summer and did not need a fire, there was a lot of residual smoke and fire smell in the cabin (even with the windows open), making it a challenge for people with asthma or smoke sensitivity.
2) The restaurant, although good, has a limited 4 entree dinner menu that only changes seasonally. That can get boring for a stay greater than 1-2 nights. The meals are generally heavy, making them potentially unsuitable after a day hiking on the trails, when all you want is something light before heading off to bed.
3) The mattress in our cabin was long overdue for a replacement.
4) Although I understand that the proprietor wishes to create a rustic feeling, some concessions have already been made such as modern heating and plumbing. I do wish that there was WiFi or a work station in the main lodge to check email and flights. (I noted that the front desk had internet access.) Coming from the States, I did not wish to incur large overseas fees to use my phone. As a result, my husband and I travelled to Lake Louise village to use the free WiFi at the lounge there. It was a huge waste of time and gasoline.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple