“Too much noise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Banff Squirrel's Nest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Arizona
“Too much noise!”
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We were greeted by a hired staff person who was very nice. She showed us around and made us feel welcome. She let us put fruit in the refrigerator and showed us how to make coffee or tea for ourselves. She was the one who served breakfast in the morning. The bedroom and bathroom were clean. We never did meet the owners though they lived upstairs. Since our room was below the family living area it was subjected to noise from footsteps on the floor above our heads. Someone was up late into the night and sometimes in the middle of the night. Since we toured during the daytime, our primary purpose for staying at this B & B was to get some good sleep at night. Due to the noise from above, we could not sleep and would not recommend this B & B to anyone for that reason.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — Noise while trying to sleep
Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sentimental01

canada
Reviewed 26 July 2008

The place was ok, clean and room was just average B&B. I had no problems during my visit and the owners were friendly and helpful. But there was something missing compared to other BBs I stayed in this country. The breakfast was quite poor, only some sereals & muffins, for 145 d/night I would have expected a bit more. And breakfast was finished before breakfast time ended and all the people didn`t get it. There was nobody to serve it at the time I was there, so you just have try to find something by yourself, whish was a little odd.

But anyway, it is not a bad place to stay, but just very average and a bit pricey for value, especially if you are used to tasty breakfasts that BBs often have.

• Liked — Location, clean
  • Disliked — Breakfast, thin walls
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Rudya095
dublin
Reviewed 4 December 2006

Stayed here for 5 nights in September 2006. Literaly minutes walking to centre of Banff. Nice street. nice place. Spotless clean. The owners employed a couple of Japanese girls to basically look after the guests. Lovely girls, really chatty but it just missed that personal touch from the owners that I'd be used to in B&Bs in Ireland and breakfast was grand would've liked some hot food. The owner makes a rule of no guests are to bring their own food into the B&B. Which I found a bit annoying considering breakfast is basically Cereal and tea or coffee with cakes. So if there is no food to be brought in how about giving real food as part of your service. Also when booking by e-mail. replies we're very short and not very welcoming. I just got the impression I was an inconvieniance to whoever was I mailing to. I don't mind spending a few quid. But, to me the place was good location, really clean, nice room, cheapskate breakfast and not much personality and the price just didn't justify itself. But I wouldn't not recommend it, I'd just look elsewhere before I'd say 'ah this place will do the job' i suppose.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — CHEAPSKATE BREAKFAST, NO PERSONALITY, OVERPRICED
  • Tips/Secrets — LOOK ELSEWHERE. BUT, YOU CAN'T GO FAR WRONG
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank rorus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2006

Stayed 2 days at the Banff Squirrels B&B. Very clean and comfortable. We were well taken care of.

Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 December 2001

We stayed at the Banff Squirrels Nest in June 2000 for 4 nights. The owners were friendly and helpful, the accommodation very clean and comfortable. It is located a few minutes' walk from the centre of Banff, yet situated in a relatively quiet residential side street. The self service buffet style breakfast was excellent, and guests have the use of all kitchen facilities. We have no hesitation in recommending this B&B.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member