“Perfect way to indulge and enjoy an afternoon in the Town of Banff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Banff Food Tours - CLOSED

Banff Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us as we taste our way through this fairy tale town. Immerse yourself in this diverse cultural melting pot as we push the limits of the dining experience. Enjoy award winning restaurants through enticing aromas and fabulous tales as we indulge in the hidden gem restaurants located in the Banff National Park.
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect way to indulge and enjoy an afternoon in the Town of Banff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Being a native Calgarian, I have taken for the granted the lovely scenery and restaurants Banff has to offer. With the Banff Food Tours I was able to enjoy a wonderful sampling of food and drink at six great restaurants in the Town of Banff.

The tour was approximately 3 hours long and it was a nice casual walk starting from Cascade Garden along the main strip of Banff. During our tour we learned about the history of Banff and enjoyed the company of our tour mates. The guide was friendly and relaxed and encouraged us to socialize along the tour. The highlight of the tour was obiviously the food! We enjoyed a culinary experience in our 6 stops that ranged from relaxed pub fare to fine Italian dining. I must mention the very generous portions of food and spirits that each restaurant provided as well. Definitely a fantastic value considering the portions and quality of the food. Overall it's was a wonderful way to enjoy a day at Banff!

Highly recommended to anyone (who like myself) considers themselves as a "foodie" or just wants a way to spend a lovely afternoon in one of the most beautiful towns in the world.

2 Thank Suki_kitten

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A side of Banff you won't see on your own!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Wow! As a person from Calgary I have seen the ins and outs (or what I thought were the ins and outs) of Banff but still learned SOOOO much . Not only did we get a guided tour of Banff and learned history about the buildings and various locations, we also got to see numerous locations where food and drink are served and also taste and drink at these locations!

Very delicious, unique and interesting location that we had stopped at and I can honestly say that I will be back at these restaurant locations in the future. Even the portions were filling and by the end I had to move my belt down a notch....And I am a person that can eat! Various dfferent types of foods from finger food/pub food to classy meals with utensils and chopsticks!

Value for the tour.....well considering that you would pay double for the same amount of food or drink that we had consumed....minus the tour, great company and educational experience.....I would say the tour does a much better job all around and for a better bang for your buck!

Thank you for the wonderful experience and I look forward to doing this tour again in the future!

2 Thank SuperMario8285
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I would do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I went on this tour last weekend with my friend and even though I have been to Banff before the 6 unbelievable restaurants on our stops, I didn’t even know it existed. Our guide was great; he was attentive to everyone and was funny too. The tour was very low-key, where people are encouraged to socialize with each other, so I met some really nice people. He was also really knowledgeable and we got to learn some history about Banff and at the same time sampled some amazing food at the restaurants we stopped at. If someone had an allergy or something to an item on the menu, they were very accommodating, which I found was great. I definitely would be back to some of the restaurants I tried and recommend this tour to my family and friends.

3 Thank Chrisie19
calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to tour Banff and eat amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Banff food tours begins in the historic Cascade Gardens and continues through the scenic downtown main street. This guided tour takes you on a trip through Banff's history and present highlighting many local attractions and destinations. Along the way one is treated to local cuisine at six different restaurants. The food that is sampled emphasizes why Banff is world renowned for its unique and delicious cuisine. This tour is worth your while for the food alone, the guided tour icing on the cake.
Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there is some walking. A camera is a must, as is an appetite. The food is more than adequate to qualify as lunch, so come hungry.

5 Thank nurseontheroad