“Vacation lunch”

Squish Sandwich Cellar
Ranked #65 of 156 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Artisan Sandwich Bar on Banff Ave, boasting house roasted meats, traditional Montreal smoked meat sandwiches, and a daily grilled cheese!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great sandwich shop. Very good service.
Not crowded. The did was excellent. Definitely reconned this place.

SquishBanff, General Manager at Squish Sandwich Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to achieve good food and service so when I hear this from our customers I am thrilled.

Squish hopes to see you in the future!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I were in a rush to eat, so we thought this sandwich place would be a fast turnaround, but we sure were mistaken. The food took a while to get to us (considering it was a sandwich). I REALLY didn't want to like this food...but once it came out, I was stunned with the awesome flavor of my tunafish sandwich. It had a lot of flavor going on with the tomato, cheddar, and peppers. My gf's sandwich was also really good. I left very happy as a foodie. Would definitely recommend this place if you're in the mood for a sandwich, but don't go expecting fast food like subway.

Thank you for the positive review. I do apologize for the slow service. As a dine in restaurant we strive to have our customers food on the table in under 12 minutes but unfortunately this can sometimes be longer. We do not claim to be a fast food restaurant nor do we want to compete with Subway.

Again, I do apologies. I am thrilled you enjoyed the tuna as it is of my favorites! If you get into Squish again please introduce yourself as I would love to treat you to another great sandwich.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

FUN sandwich restaurant located downstairs "cellar" EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE.
Stop by have a sandwich and a drink for lunch and play a board game too!
Kinda of reminds me of Cheers Bar. The new management is waiting to meet you so stop by and say hi.
EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE, you will be so happy you found the hidden gem.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Never would go here again. I got a poutine from here and it was awful. It was oven baked and i thought just MAYBE it would be good and a little different. It’s AWFUL. it’s $10 and it’s not even a decent size!!!!! WTF!!! the fries were so over cooked they were basically hollowed out crips. i’ve lived in Banff a long while and barely have complaints about the food here. But come on. $10?? for dried over cooked fries lol this is a Canadian dish!!! LEARN TO MAKE IT BETTER. Why pay this much for a dish when there’s no quality or quantity. Save your money as a tourist and go somewhere else. Many places around here have amazing sandwiches with great sides and more options. I tried to come here and give it a shot but they barely even have any good vegetarian options. In this world today, there should be more options. Truly disappointed. When the waitress even asked me if i was eating there and i said no, her whole attitude changed towards me. Will not be going here again. So many other places have amazing sandwiches with sides and for cheaper. Not worth the price. Not worth my time. If anyone else needs to see about their food, look on Google. They barely give you what you paid for. Try Good Earth, Nourish, Coyote or even Toloulous. Don’t waste you money here. This is not what food is. This just a scam. The sandwich deals are way more money than you’d find at the places i listed. Tourists!! you guys are our fight around here. Spend your money wisely and don’t waste it here. Just look at Google. Please.

SquishBanff, Owner at Squish Sandwich Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Sarah,

I have responded to your recent critic on Facebook. As I mentioned, please drop in at anytime and we will gladly reimburse your $9.00. We have had overwhelming response to the poutine hence it is one of our top sellers. However I do understand everyone's tastes are different. As a Banff local myself I wish you would have come to us to deal with this situation at the time. I would hope the locals would all root for each other and try to encourage relationships that will better the town as a whole. These platforms (FB, Trip Advisor) do not allow communication that will improve small businesses. When you drop in I hope you will stay for a free lunch. We will build any sandwich to our customers specifications. We are gluten friendly and will gladly work with customers to build a vegetarian option if asked. I hope to see you soon. Sincerely Squish Management.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

We had a quick turnaround and needed a quick place to stop. The sandwich only was around $13 CAD.

A little joint in the basement of the shopping area. It took about 10-15 minutes to get our sandwiches.

SquishBanff, Manager at Squish Sandwich Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for your review!

We appreciate all feedback to ensure we are always giving the highest quality sandwich.

Regards,