All reviewslloyd hallprofessional developmentthree ravensmaclab bistrogreat conferenceworld class facilityconference facilitiesconference venueattended a conferencefitness facilityfilm festivaltunnel mountainexcellent facilitiesno air conditioningclose to downtownmain buildingspectacular views
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Spent one night at The Banff Centre on a tip from a friend. They rent out to individuals if the conferences they have don't take over all the rooms --- I never enjoyed any of the food services but the story is they are good. I stayed in the Professional Development Centre based on Trip Advisor reviews saying it was more modern and I was quite happy with the room. The grounds are very peaceful and the walk to town is not bad. I would come back here again.

Room Tip: PDC is more modern then the other place but is also a bit more expensive.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks for sharing your experiences in this post. I look forward to meeting you next time you visit.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend for the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association's annual conference. Some minor maintenance issues in my room, but it didn't take away from the experience.

Some of the absolute best customer service I've ever experienced.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Tyrel, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were very proud to host the annual conference for the Alberta Hotel & Motel Association. We work very hard on our customer service and I am delighted that you felt it. I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

With organizers from across Canada, I attended a writers' conference at the Banff Centre and stayed onsite. The rooms were most comfortable and clean. Meals served buffet style were varied and excellent. Conference rooms, equipment and all facilities first class. From being greeted at the front desk upon arrival to warm friendly staff throughout, our stay was amazing.I'd highly recommend The Banff Centre to artists, musicians and creative groups of every ilk.
On site facilities such as world-class library, sports and aquatic centre, hiking trails and, of course, skiing, are all at hand.

Room Tip: Everything at night was absolutely peaceful. Even during the day, peace reigned throughout.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Mr. Nuttal-Smith, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at The Banff Centre on Trip Advisor! I have shared your comments with our service team. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I attended a conference at the Banff Centre and stayed onsite. The conference was housed in the Kinnear Centre and was fantastic. I stayed in a building where the rooms are a little more austere, but this was reflected in the price. What was lacking in my room paled in comparison to the beautiful surroundings. I watched some deer eating clover just outside my window. Also, you are in walking/hiking distance to the downtown (it is a bit of a slope).

The conference happened during the floods of 2013. I have to give a big shout-out to Jim Oliver and his team for taking care of many different groups during this time of uncertainty. He personally gave us updates regarding road closures and showed genuine concern for our safety. Jim is a real treasure!

If anything, it was a real pleasure to be stranded in Banff with such nice people.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Brad I must thank you for sharing your experiences here at The Banff Centre during the June Floods of 2013. I look forward to your return during less dramatic times! Please call upon me during your next visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed in Lloyd Hall for a writing residency and was very pleased with the accommodation: very clean and comfortable. Breakfast at Vistas is not to be missed (they make the best scrambled eggs on the planet - I don't know what their secret is, but I've never had eggs so good). It's lovely to be in such a great environment. The staff are friendly and helpful, and really make you feel welcome. If Jim Olver is around, make sure you meet him. He's Mr. Banff! Knows so much about the history of the town and the Banff Centre and can also tell you all the mountain peak names and their geology.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank justmeAlberta
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for reporting on the inspiring residency for your writing at The Banff Centre. We appreciate your comments which inspire our staff - especially the Chef - to continue your good work. I would love to meet you on your next visit!