All reviews lloyd hall professional development three ravens maclab bistro great conference world class facility conference facilities conference venue attended a conference fitness facility film festival tunnel mountain excellent facilities no air conditioning close to downtown main building spectacular views
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Who knew this arts centre was also a smart hotel? The car parking and arrival was a bit chaotic but, once I'd found reception, all went well. Clean and quiet rooms, and a lovely onsite restaurant. It is a bit far out of town, meaning a cab ride home if drinking, but otherwise a nice escape from the tourist hordes in Banff itself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Hello Lijaha, thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sharing them with our management and staff. I look forward to your next visit!

Jim Olver

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My staff at the Banff Center was for a staff retreat. I took my two oldest kids with me and we enjoyed our stay. The staff greeted our tour bus as though we were Royals and being in the Mountains made it worth the 6 hour trip. My kids enjoyed the swimming pool & food was awesome, especially breakfast! When I bring my whole family this is where I would stay. There is 3 sections to the hotel and so there's walking to get to your sessions, but gorgeous scenery & fresh air makes it worth the walk for those of us that only walk from our cars to our homes/or office. Also, provided us with 2 tour buses & they were the sweetest of people. They gave up there passes because we ran short of tickets. God Bless them. =)

Room Tip: The feeling we got from the hotel was campus type, there is always something going on. I didn't choose a room for any specific reason, but enjoyed the stay and loved the little balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Corrine C, I am delighted that your family enjoyed your stay at The Banff Centre. Thank you so much for posting a detailed comment! I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our in-laws stayed here years ago and recommended it. They were absolutely right.
You are within a ten minute walk of downtown Banff in some of the beautiful country on the planet. The price ($165 CDN per night) was a lot better than any of the nearby hotels, and for two former university students, living in student residences again (with all the amenities), was great.
Two restaurants within five minutes walk made it complete.
Free WiFi and excellent service are included.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello, it was very kind of you to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I invite you to return!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The only issues I had were 1) being quoted a room price then being charged substantially more; and 2) having rude and poor service from a guy named Juan at the front desk. Juan is unfortunately giving the Centre a bad reputation. Aside from this, the location is ideal - elk walked right up to my room window and walk in the front of the conference centre. It's slightly removed from the downtown tourist strip, so it's great for getting a nature escape. The meeting rooms have floor to ceiling windows, so perfect for long full-day meetings. The gym and pool facilities are top notch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Carla D, thank you very much for your detailed comments regarding your stay at The Banff Centre. We value all of your comments and will review your suggestions with our management and staff. I look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Recently stayed at the centre. This is a busy location with excellent service and a remarkable view. I stayed here 10 years ago and the management and staff have done a great job keeping the place looking good. Staff are helpful and friendly. Short ( 15 min) walk to downtown and lots of great restaurants. This is a busy conference centre so parking can be a problem. However take advantage of the free valet parking and you will not have any problems. Very few people use the service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks to you for sharing your experience at The Banff Centre on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!