“Summer stay-3 room suite”
Review of The Juniper Hotel

The Juniper Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Markham, Ontario
“Summer stay-3 room suite”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Located away from downtown Banff, one can really rest in Juniper.
Internet though it is free, sucks! Too slow.
Clean hotel and the staff extremely friendly.
Three room suites gives the option of cooking and this definitely reduces ones expenses.

Room Tip: One could go to downtown, which is 5 minutes away and the restaurants do have free Wifi.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! I’m sorry to hear that you found the internet slow. Often it runs fairly quickly but sometimes, due to our more remote location, we do have problems. Great to hear that you could really rest with us, we hope to be able to host you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
kitchener
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is a 5 min drive from downtown Banff - perfect distance away from the hustle and bustle of Banff with a fantastic view of Mt Norquay. Would definitely go back.

We had a deluxe double room on the 2nd floor (no elevators but not an issue) very comfortable beds. Room was a generous size with a sofa and a lounge. Carpet throughout the hotel should be replaced and it was a box style TV. Nothing else was dated. Balcony with 2 chairs (if you sat you wouldn't see the view - perhaps glass panels on the balcony would be a nice upgrade.)

Service was very good. We had glitchy air conditioning but staff were very responsive to our calls.

Had breakfast on the patio - delicious and well presented. Hiway 1 seperates the hotel and the view of the mountains but no big deal - didn't hear the sound overnight.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! We are planning on replacing the carpet in the hotel very soon. I will pass along your feedback about the air conditioners to our maintenance team to see that it is addressed. It’s great to hear you found the service good and would definitely come back. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We were goung through Banff. Hotels were booked solid in both Banff and Canmore but when we phone to rhis place the staff was very friendly; took my number if there was a cancellation. They called me after and had a room available. We got there late and were starving. The bistro was a little pricey for the family so we went to Banff for supper. If ut was my husband and me, we would have went. Looked very nice. We missed out on the hot tub. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view. The room was spacious. It is an older hotel but would stay if it was my husband and me. For my family they like ro have a pool.Close to Banff

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our property. I’m glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you had a good stay! We hope to have you
edmonton
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights view from one side of the hotel is amazing but the road noise from the main hi way totally wrecks it.
Ate at the bistro a couple of times food was nice but way to expensive for what you get and the portion size was terribly small.
So would I stay there again, I really don't think so I'd like to think something was out there that's better.
Oh staff was very nice and beware of hidden charges Eco my foot.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re disappointed that expectations were not met. We have however had consistent feedback that are portion sizes are healthy and most guests are pleased.

We do offer guests to take part in an option to take part in our Eco Stay program which is a $2 a night fee. The money goes towards a fund to help us offset our carbon footprint run by a Federal CSA approved program called Eco Stay. We’re proud to say due to guests’ generous donations we have helped offset the equivalent of 25 airplane trips around the world since February. I apologize if you felt this wasn’t communicated clearly to you.

It’s great that you found the staff so helpful despite some of your issues. We hope you change your mind and give us another try in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a great stay at the Juniper. Room was clean with patio doors over looking the Banff Springs. Restaurant served delicious food. Duck Benny so delicious. Highly recommend. Highway can get noisy. Nice hiking around Norquay Ski Resorts

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing a review of our property! I’m glad to hear that you found us dog friendly and fabulous! We hope you visit again soon.
Highland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights this past week and really liked the hotel. Our room was small, but very comfortable. It's not fancy, but I didn't find it outdated as some others have mentioned. The staff were very friendly, and we ate at the restaurant several times. It's especially nice to have a drink on the patio.

I did worry about the road noise a little, but honestly, it didn't bother me at all at night. And I'm glad we paid for a room with a view - I found myself looking outside frequently / enjoying the view when we were in the room.

This was our first trip to Banff, and we were glad not to stay in Banff itself, but appreciated being close enough that we had easy, quick access to shops and restaurants.

My only (very small) complaint is that I asked for a room away from the restaurant (and got a confirmation that they'd received this request), yet they gave us a room that was directly above it. So a couple of nights, when the restaurant was closing, they were banging around down there to clean things up and it was kind of loud, but not for more than a half hour. Not a big deal - not enough to complain or ask to be moved. But if you are sensitive to noise, I'd suggest requesting a room away from the restaurant.

Overall, a very good value.

Room Tip: I'm glad we chose the 2nd floor which has a slightly better view, I think, but I would recommend...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MollydeA
Hi Molly,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your feedback about the kitchen noise late at night and they will be more aware of this when closing and cleaning up at night. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our more peaceful location and hope you stay with us again sometime soon!
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It was hard to find recent pictures and reviews but I really enjoyed my stay. We were in the rundle cabin with 2 couples. There was enough room for all, kitchen and wood fireplace. It is by the highway but take in the views and forgey about the cars! Reasturant had amazing food and fresh! You have to try the hamburger! We ate there twice and could have had more! I would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Kristin,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We will be updating our website with lots of lovely new pictures later this year! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the restaurant so much – if you have time, we’d greatly appreciate it if you wrote a review on The Juniper Bistro TripAdvisor page. We hope to see you again soon!