“Great atmosphere, good accommodation!”
Review of Samesun Banff

Samesun Banff
Ranked #2 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Banff
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My stay in Samesun was triggered by the free breakfast offered and the "backpacker" in it's name. The latter really comes handy, from close location to Greyhound station to free phone calls and super helpful frontdesk-staff.
The openmic in the integrated bar was very atmospheric and made a difference to other hostels I stayed in so far.
I have only one small request to the Samesun-team: re-do your power plugs, some of them don't hold chargers, it's quite annoying to see your phone wasn't charged at night because it fell off. Also, a second pancake station/pan at breakfast wouldn't hurt to relax peaktime for pancake demand.
See you next time in Banff!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Awesome staff. Incredibly friendly and definitely will visit again. Rooms perfect, hot water a plus. Dinners were amazing at such good value not to forget the wonderful beaver bar...A gem to stay in..

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had no expectations when I got to Banff other than I had no place to stay, I had arrived due to a family emergency, It was suggested that once I arrived, to find a hostel, After inquiring at the local information booth SameSun was the second stop. First impression was awesome and it got better as things went along. It is a unique culture that I felt very comfortable in from great service, go out the way to assist you, to the other guests that you become friends with. Due to the limited availability I was booked in two different rooms for the two night stay. They have special day storage for those situations so my luggage was taken care of as a traveled back and forth from the hospital or a bit time playing tourist. Good Job SameSun Banff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Smilie59
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I really loved to stay in Same Sun Baff. It is very well located, friendly staff, clean room, everything you need is provided there and food was very good. I would like to stay in other Same Sun the next time I travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Fun inteersting and clean is how I would begin. This Samesun Hostel in Banff has pretty much all the facilities you need. Friendly staff, a fun bar with entertainment of sorts on every night, clean rooms and bathrooms, laundry facilities and in walking distance of the town. Deffo would stay there again.

Room Tip: Smaller dorms, though that's really the best idea for any hostel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It had been over 20 yrs since my last visit to Banff where I had stayed in another hostel. This time while on a business trip, I had taken my 18 yr old daughter to experience what I had during my youth. Everything was as expected, I roomed with 5 other gents, my night ending at 11, while the others stumbled in at various times. The nice thing with SameSun was the continental breakfast and bar that was open during the evening for cold drinks after a long day of hiking. My daughter met a lot of young people and caught the travelling itch and actually applied for a job at the hostel while we were there. Great, friendly staff and a great price(mainly because of breakfast and bar). If you're looking for affordable lodging with a comfortable atmosphere then SameSun is the place. Hope I don't have to wait another 20 yrs before I get back to Banff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason P
Reviewed 31 July 2014

everything was good at samesun, i had a problem with the guys in my room snoring all night, four of us woke them several times but they had no concern for our sleep. that doesnt impact on the hostel, just a personal experience while im there. everything was clean and the beds were comfortable.. i would definitely stay there again but bring some earbuds next time haha.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends