“Food, Facility and Service...second to none!”
Review of The Banff Centre

The Banff Centre
Ranked #19 of 83 things to do in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Banff Centre presents over 400 public concerts, performing arts events, festivals, and gallery exhibits each year. Premier events include the Banff Summer Arts Festival, the Banff Mountain Film & Book Festival, the Banff International String Quartet Competition, and Banff Jazz. The Banff Centre is the largest arts and creativity incubator on the planet. Our mission is inspiring creativity! Tickets to all events may be purchased on our website.
Edmonton, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Food, Facility and Service...second to none!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I just returned home from our Hotel Conference and I can not say enough great things about this facility. The food was beyond great. We ate one evening in 3 Ravens and OMG what a treat that was. We had 2 events where the facility showcased stations of food during our tradeshow. The only bad thing was that there was too much to chose from and I couldnt try it all. The plated meals we had were great as well. I am a super picky beef eater and the Banff Centre managed to cook mine perfect. The facility is very nice. The Max Bell building was perfect for our business sessions. The exercise room was great, with a nice running track and good pool and lots of fitness equipment. The service was amazing, lead by Jim Olver, who had responded to my Twitter within seconds of my tweets. When I arrived he felt like family and I had never met him. I was fortunate to be in a group who received a private tour of the facility and Jim made it so very interesting. The man is more than proud of the place. A rare find. The rest of the staff were really great as well. Our hotel room was clean and comfortable. Not enough towels. The bed was awesome, for as little time as we spent in our rooms it was great!

Visited April 2014
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at The Banff Centre, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I swelled with pride as I read your post! Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sharing them with our managers and staff. Please Tweet me before your next visit! Bes wishes!
@JimOlverTBC

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Grande Prairie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Old inadequate rooms”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Every staff member I came in contact was amazing and professional, and made the stay a pleasant experience. The setting is peaceful and beautiful. However the rooms are substandard. Tube tv, horrific ceiling tiles, poor bedside lighting and lack of plugs, thin blanket, no a/c, dated bathroom with poor shower head, and the lack of self closing door were all very surprising to experience. The room was spotlessly clean though, so congratulations to the housekeeping department.

Too expensive for what you get.

If you do visit the property, please be sure to ask for Jim. He is an icon and true delight to converse with. Thank you Jim, you personally elevated the property!

JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at The Banff Centre, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Jason, thank you for taking the time to post your experiences to Trip Advisor. I am sharing your comments with our management and staff. In this extraordinary place in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, called Banff, the magic of landscape and the experience is what make us unique. We are happy that together The Banff Centre staff made your stay memorable.
I look forward to meeting your again.
Jim Olver
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work conference. Rooms were big and very clean. Looked quite modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions. Food in restaurant was decent but could have been better. Close to downtown. Would stay again.

JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at The Banff Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks for sharing your comments in this post! I hope that you will visit us again! Did you get a chance to try the Three Raven's Restaurant?
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful retreat”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Wow, thank you for a wonderful stay at the Banff Centre. We loved the rooms, the views, spent time in the pool, my son loved it and a great workout room. The staff are amazing and soo accomodating. Thank you June and Bernie Hills, we will come back and hope to dabble in the performing arts : )

Visited April 2014
Thanks for your post Bernadette. I look forward to your return to enjoy the Performing Arts!
JimOlver
Highworth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a facility for a small town in the Rockies.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were privileged to be given a personal tour by one of our friends who works here.
If you visit Banff look out for their performance schedule. Music, drama, art from world-renowned practitioners.
This is a college in a remarkable location and with conference facilities that make it accessible to people who aren't able to get there for study, performance, retreat.

Visited March 2014
JimOlver, Guest Relations Manager at The Banff Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Denis, I am glad that you enjoyed your tour of The Banff Centre and thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. We, as well, think it is a jewel in the rocky Mountains!