“Not Worth the Money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Lethbridge, Canada
“Not Worth the Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

First off I wanna say that the staff were amazing! As someone that works at a hotel its something I look for! I would like to say that Cassandra at the front desk was not only accommodating but fun! When problems were happening she helped make me laugh, that's staff that you want.
Now...for the rest. The hotel is apart of the Voyager inn and they make you check in there if you come in later than walk to the other hotel. The breakfast is also in that hotel so you have to walk there. And if the restaurant is busy on the main floor well you get to walk your half awake butt up to the second level.....like how accommodating is that!? And if your not willing to spend the $7 for the hotbreakfast ddon't even bother going cause its useless. So disappointed!!!! Dry old muffins, bread, and stale cereal. Yum...... Our room had crumbs on the bed when we arrived, not a biggie. Then we had no iron, coffee pot didn't work and neither did the remote for that amazing 1990 tube TV. The beds were not comfortable and the blanket on top was far from pleasant. If you wanna enjoy your time go some where else.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

No matter how budget conscious you are, I strongly recommend that you never stay at this hotel. Do not book this hotel on any of the booking sites because most will be non refundable and trust me upon arrival you will want to cancel and leave. Our bathroom was covered in hair, not ours! Hair in the tub, on the towels and in every corner of the bathroom floor. Even the complimentary plastic cups had hair between them. The carpet had white disgusting stains on it in more than 5 areas, my family and I literally threw away our socks after wearing them in that room. The ceiling had an unknown substance thrown on it that splattered the wall. I did read comments about this hotel after booking online and attempted to cancel this room 3 months before arrival. However, I was told it was non refundable. The manager said she would upgrade my room due to my concerns based on tripadvisor reviews. We arrived after a 10 hr drive and shockingly the manager said she did not recall our conversation and did not give us the upgrade, I was in disbelief. When I was checking out I asked to have a print out of my room record and there in writing were the notes for our upgrade, another fail on this hotel! Trust me when I tell you, do not stay at this hotel. My family and I travel on a budget but have never stayed in a hotel so poorly run. Spend the extra money for any other hotel in Banff. The first red flag for anyone is the fact the management/owners do not respond to comments on Tripadvisor for both hotels Spruce Grove/ Voyager Inn they really do not give a damn, sad.

Room Tip: Telus signal is so weak wifi not work
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Hawaii1999

Travellers are raving about these Banff hotels

Surrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

In a summer where rates are $250 per night and up, you get what you pay for when the rate is half that at this place or the sister property next door (Voyager). Very dated carpet, walls, beds, linens and an air conditioner that barely cools the room.

For breakfast you can have a free cereal and yogurt bar or go next door and pay an extra $7 per person tones dry eggs, dry muffins as well as cereal and yogurt.

Want someplace cheap? Stay here. Want some place good? Don't.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yvrtravelguy
Southwold
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

First the good points.

We had a good sized room with two Queen beds. The Hotel staff were very friendly if a bit laid back. However, they were very helpful and most of them on student exchanges and therefore probably lacked hotel experience but they appeared to do their best. Looks good on the outside

The not so good. Walls very thin so hotel needs serious sound proofing. We were woken up at different times of the night by doors being slammed. Coach parties up at 6am or before in the morning and the noise they made was terrible not to mention the long queues for breakfast at 7am in the morning - even worse if you left it any later. Breakfast supplies kept running out. The carpets do need to be steam cleaned or replaced with a wooden floor/tiles like the other hotels. Reception was filthy.

The hotel itself was very tired and not very clean. A bit like 'Fawlty Towers' No hairdryer or fridge is not acceptable.
I would book this hotel only if the rates were the cheapest in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a twin bedded room (queen beds) or an upgrade if there is one.
1 Thank Southwold9
Bargara, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

big clean room with great bed
15 minute walk to shops
good value restaurant next door for dinner & breaky
staff all friendly & helpful
Banff is just a lovely little town
we will be back
robin lerch qld aust

United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

-rude staff
-outdated rooms and furniture
-broken furniture
-lacking basic amenities (no fan in bathroom, no blow dryer and never showed up to room when called and asked for one)
-filthy furniture and walls.. Do they ever clean the rooms after??
-filthy floors with carpet that looks it it has never been shampooed or updated since originally being built
-squishy uncomfortable mattresses that will kill your back
-broken blinds, drapes so old they had holes and tears in them
-location isnt the best

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sarah S
red deer
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Where do I start to explain this bad experience....
First issue: I called earlier in the day to make sure the room we would be in would have a fridge, since I can only eat certain foods so its easier to bring my own. The person I spoke to assured me there would be a fridge. After checking in we proceeded up to the room to find a very basic, unwelcoming room with no fridge! There was clearly an opening for a fridge where housekeeping had placed an ice bucket ... this made me laugh a little! I called down to the front desk three times with no answer. I was very frustrated.
Second issue: Parking was limited, we eventually had to park on the street.
Third issue: Customer Service was appalling from check in to check out.
Fourth issue: the amount of bleach used on the towels, the smell of the towels was enough to give anyone a headache.
This hotel may look nice and cozy from the outside but don't buy into it, we will not be staying here again

Sleep Quality