“I would definitely stay here again”

At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“I would definitely stay here again”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I spent one night here on a cross-country road trip, and I would definitely stay here again. I really appreciated all of the little touches (e.g., a small snack of fresh fruit when I arrived, fresh flowers when I sat down for breakfast), and I enjoyed lounging in the living room and writing long email messages to friends in the evening. April's suggestions for things to do on my way to Lake Louise given my interests and time were perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dimitra C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at this lovely B&B for 3 nights and if other stays are half as good, we would be very pleased.
We had a room with private bathroom and queen bed. The room was very clean and big enough. If you need a place to read or sit, there is a common living room. Because there are only 3 rooms for hire, this is never crowded or anything.
Rooms don't get cleaned or made up when you stay there, only if you ask for it. This for the privacy. You can take fresh towels when you need it.

The best thing about this B&B is the privacy and the personal care at the same time.
Because the house and rental rooms have different entrances, you dont get "bothered" to much with the hosts.
You can deside your own personal breakfast and serving time and the breakfasts are great!
We desided to raft early in the morning so we got a take away breakfast.

When we found out the pickup place was to far to walk, the hostes took us there personally.

If you stay in Banff, this is the best option.

1 Thank Ballyx
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My fiance and I had a fantastic time staying here earlier this month. The location is excellent - right by the river, 3min walk across the bridge to "downtown", 10min walk to the Banff Spring Hotel. We felt waited on and well taken care of.

Outstanding hosts. There were so many nice touches to the complimentary breakfasts and small thoughtful snacks, I don't know where to begin. I was expecting a hot breakfast, I wasn't expecting plating with visual touches. Bathroom was nice, very clean as was our bed and really everything in the house.

April is generous with her portions, which was extremely useful with the multi-hour hiking and sightseeing. We were thankful we didn't have to worry about getting hungry on top of a mountain.

If I got up past the time I told April I would be up for breakfast, I found a warm breakfast in the toaster over waiting for me. This is one of many thoughtful touches.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Room, which was two twins pushed together. I was concerned it would not be co...
1 Thank Chris W
Belfast
Reviewed 12 June 2013

At wits end was a fabulous spot to stay in Banff. April was a great hostess - nothing was too much trouble. The location was super as it was within walking distance of town. The facilities were second to none. The breakfasts were superb - kept us full until dinner time! The snacks in the evening were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

2 Thank grapegirl
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed at wits end on 28th/29th December. The room was great, bed comfy, bathroom clean, I fact the whole place was clean. The breakfast was fantastic, April is a great cook and host, really friendly and full of information. You can leave your car and walk into Banff, a ten minute walk if that. Overall a great place to stay and the price is good too!,

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank karenandandy1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

And these are the reasons why:
1. The welcome - both April and Peter welcomed us to their home and spent time talking to us. Felt totally comfortable
2. The thoughtfulness - a bottle water and chocolates for each of us in our room (LOVED IT - i always get thirsty at night!)
3. The care - we came back to a little afternoon snack each day, left on the table in case we were peckish. Not only that, we were invited to help ourselves to the juice, water, bread, cereal and home made granol bars too.
4. The BREAKFASTS!! - Outstanding. Fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, and an egg dish. Different both days, but both days just unbelievably good.
5. The flexibility - breakfast when we wanted it, not at set times like a lot of B&Bs. Plus how we wanted it. My veggie needs were catered for.
6. The information - leaflets, maps, their own knowledge - Pete and April have a heap of info between them. Plus internet access and access to a phone for local calls
7. The location - only a 5 min walk from downtown.
8. The dogs - not strictly part of teh experience but we got to meet them. Very cute
9. The cleanliness - everything spic and span, but no intrusion into the bedroom unless you ask April to tidy.
10. The lovely communal area - fire, books, comfy sofa. What more can you need.

There - 10 reasons why this place is better than a 5!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rustylou63
Brussels, Ontario
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I have stayed in several B&B's and this was one of our favourites! We stayed in the Queen Room, which has a super comfy bed, we had a great night's sleep! It was super clean, and the breakfast the next morning was AMAZING!!! April was a lovely hostess. If we have a chance to stay in Banff again, we will definitely stay here. We highly recommend At Wit's End!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple