Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Banff Trail Riders tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Banff Trail Riders
from US$554.60
from US$132.30
from US$52.30
from US$97.20
More Info
All reviews hour ride sleigh ride steak warner stables spray river cowboy cookout riding experience bow river cowboy coffee long ride great ride hot chocolate sulphur mountain herd of elk once in a lifetime small group from australia
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We bought 2 places for some horseback riding 2 days in advance at their shop on Banff Avenue. We asked every question we could think of, including "is there anuthing else we need to know?", everything seemed good.

Two days later we head to the stables for our horseback riding tour. We then learn that there is a 250lbs limit... and they weight me at 255, I can't ride. First thing that comes out of their mouth is "no refunds"... I guess that the weight limit wasn't relevant when we litteraly asked "is there anything else we need to know?"... or maybe I looked a lot thinner two days earlier... or maybe I gained a lot of weight in those two days... who knows, food is actually rich and good in Banff.

We finally got a refund after some arguing. I thibk they only accepted because they sold us the ride face to face, so they should have seen I was near their max weight limit. Still ruined a perfectly good holiday afternoon.

1  Thank Djurko
BanffHorseback, Manager at Banff Trail Riders, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Im very sorry for your experience. You are totally right. I do apologize. I will circulate your feedback to all our staff so we can learn from this and ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Staff were fully trained and attentive throughout our 3 hour ride including a stop for a lovely steak meal.
Horses were well drilled with comfy western saddles, we only walked but apparently the rules of the national park state not trotting or cantering.
Great scenery

BanffHorseback, Manager at Banff Trail Riders, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thanks for your comments Tricia we’re glad you enjoyed the Cowboy Cookout. It’s definately one of my favourite rides.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Following on from my husband Gav213’s review “Booking issues were disappointing” Your response that “we’ve never experienced computer issues before” is disappointing. We’re understanding of computer issues, it was actually that the staff member had no idea what they were doing or how to problem solve, to assist in the situation. It was too hard, so they just walked off and started serving another customer. Thankfully after about 15 minuutes of waiting for someone to complete our booking, another young lady, that had only been working in the store for 2 days, came to help. It shouldn’t take 30 minutes to make a booking. The actual ride was excellent and was a great experience. However, the customer service in the store, really detracts from the whole experience. This review is intended as positive feedback, to enhance the experience as a customer.

Thank you for clarifying your issue. I will ensure we speak to the store staff and ensure they are better trained on the reservation system.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We walked in off the street and tried to book a 15min horse & carriage ride. The booking process was difficult and staff experienced computer issues which took longer that the actual ride through Banff. However; the actual ride was excellent and was a great experience.

BanffHorseback, Manager at Banff Trail Riders, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your review. Im sorry we had computer issues. Im sure you have never had computer issues. I am very happy you enjoyed the ride.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Was so well pleased with the care and attention by all staff. From the hotel pickup to the staff at the stables making sure all went safely. I chose the wagon ride but many were on horseback. The scenery was breathtaking and the bbq much was delicious. Thank you one and all for making this a fun experience.

BanffHorseback, Manager at Banff Trail Riders, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We are glad you enjoyed the Cowboy Cookout, Its our most popular ride and its great you did it by Wagon. Thank you for the review.