My husband and I just returned from a 5-day trip to Banff, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Buffaloberry. The decision to stay here was based solely on Trip Advisor reviews, so I wanted to share my experience with other travelers.
In reading reviews about the Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, I noticed that people were disappointed for what you got for the money. I can honestly say that the Buffaloberry (at almost half the price of the Fairmont) was worth every penny. Here are some of the high points:
• Good location on a quiet street, with street parking or garage parking available. Five-minute walk to Banff Avenue for shopping/dining.
• Home is in pristine condition, with a charming exterior and a beautiful garden.
• Environmentally conscious owners that use fresh, local goods to prepare meals
• Completely updated rooms and amenities, including in-floor heating and immaculate up-to-date bathrooms. High-efficiency lighting and appliances as well.
• The two downstairs bedrooms have direct access to a patio with outdoor seating.
• Amazing homemade breakfast served each morning. This includes yogurt, made-from-scratch granola, and fresh fruit, followed by a spectacular cooked dish. Honestly, I can’t say enough about the breakfast – it was truly gourmet!
• Added services that aren’t always standard at other B&B’s – free wired internet, turn down service, wet bar with complimentary beverages (hot/cold). You can also grab some bottled waters from the fridge for your day-hikes.
• Owners have extensive knowledge of Banff and the surrounding areas, and are always willing to provide advice or recommendations on local activities and points of interest.
• Friendly, open environment that allows guests to get to know each other on their own terms. We had the opportunity to meet some fantastic people during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buffaloberry is a unique and wonderful private accommodation located in the heart of Banff National Park. Bow Valley residents with 30 years experience in the service industry, Theresa and James will provide you with comfort and style brought to you with an informative local edge. If health and relaxation is what you are seeking, look no further, "the experience is as magnificent as the scenery." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Buffaloberry Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffaloberry b&b
- Buffaloberry Hotel Banff