“What a fantastic hotel!”
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Fox Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Bristol
“What a fantastic hotel!”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed for 7 nights at the Fox hotel and had a fantastic time. It was our wedding anniversairy and we were offered a discounted room upgrade (definitely worth it!) and a complementary bottle of wine.
The hotel suites are very clean, comfortable (especially the enormous bed!) and well decorated & the service was great!
A definite must hotel if staying in Banff!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mrs_PBristol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed at the Fox Hotel for 10 nights from 1 May 2011. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. We upgraded to a one-bedroomed suite with a lounge, kitchette and balcony. The room was at the back at the hotel and was very quiet. Also lovely views of the mountains. The hotel is a 10 minute stroll from Banff or 3 stops on the Roaming Bus ( we were given free bus passes). Continental breakfast was included in the price and was fine. Hot tub was great especially after a day's skking.The hotel staff arranged skiing passes , transfers and a trip to the icefields ( which was our best day). I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to Banff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne186233
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Outstanding comfort is the only thing you need to know about this hotel, but aw shucks... I"m going to tell you more anyway. My famiily stayed with Fox in April and from the moment we stepped through the door we felt at home.
Located a couple of blocks from the centre of town, The Fox is a new and fresh hotel that offers hotel style AND apartment style rooms and is ideal for a couple or a family.
We stayed in an apartment style, which was split over two levels. My husband and I had the master room downstairs and my son on a fold out upstairs in the lounge - Perfect layout.
I'd like to point out that the fold out bed was super comfortable, when compared to most others my son sleep on throughout our travels, so that was a plus.
The kitchen was fitted out with everything you might need while away but the biggest bonus was the inclusion of a daily breakfast. You can fuel up and be away to explore Banff. All in all the location for excellent, service was excellent, The room was so clean, fresh and beautifully decorated - truely outstanding.
The most unqiue feature of this hotel is the Hot Springs Grotto under the hotel. A great way to finish the day and relax or as we did speak to other guests and have a laugh. Try going from the hot spring to the ice cold shower... I dare you !!! if nothing else you'll know your alive.
Parking is also available.

So look no further people - this hotel is for you and I'm a travel agent from Australia....... Not a picky bunch but we sure know quality when we see it.
Fox Hotel and Suites............ Thank you for the best stay in Alberta !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank CBRPTM
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Thank you very much for you words of praise! We certainly endevour to provide a product and service that exceeds our guests expectations. I am happy to hear we succeeded with you.

Perahps we will see you again on your next visit from Down Under!
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed at the Fox for 3 nights and were extremely impressed with it. The hotel as a whole was very clean, the rooms were modern but was appropriate to the area. The staff were all so helpful and friendly. The hot tub/ppol was excellent and after a long walk it was very relaxing. It was our honeymoon and they had put a bottle of wine and congratulations card in the room which was really thoughtful. I really enjoyed my experience in Banff as a whole and would love to go back there and would definitely stay at the Fox again!
The only problem we had was that the heating system in the room was very noisy so we turned it off. This was not really an issue overall as the room did stay nice and warm even with it off.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarahnpatg
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Gotta love that hot tub - pool! Top corner room had great views and was very spacious and comfortable. Front desk assistance during our stay was great. Very helpful restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank EtheB
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Stayed here with friends over a weekend. One of my friends first time to Banff. The hotel was great. The decor and atmosphere fit well with the mountain surroundings.
The room was great. We had a 2 bedroom suite with enough comfortable sleeping for our group. The only issue we found with the room is that the snow got into the room and the floor was constantly wet since you enter the room from an outdoor courtyard.
The highlight is the grotto. We were sitting in the cave like hot tub with snow coming through the hole in the roof - very cool.

All in all, it was a great stay, and I would not hesitate to stay there again the next time I'm out that way.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hanson111
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We have purchased large entrance mats, that will help with the collection of snow from shoes and boots, and they are at the inside of each door. Hopefully these will address your issue.

You should come for another visit this summer! I can't promise no snow, but I can promise that it won't be enough to stick to your shoes, and make it's way into your room!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here alone for 4 nights in April for some spring boarding at the Big 3. The Fox provides clean, modern, mountain-style hotel/motel lodgings.

Location: Conveniently located next door to a drop-off/pick-up spot for the (free) Lake Louise shuttle bus. It is not so convenient to the Sunshine Village shuttle bus located downtown, which is a 15 minute walk. You could also take the (free) local bus to that location. There are only other hotels in this area, which is fine if you're looking for restaurants or spas. Any type of shopping is downtown (15 min walk).

Room: Comfortable, clean, and modern, but on the small side. Oddly, the shower bar in the bathroom blocked the bathroom door from closing all the way due to its oblong shape. A straight shower bar wouldn't have affected the door in this way.

My only complaint with my room is that the pillows are far too thick. They would give me neck pain from straining my neck all night.

Access to rooms is from the outside (just like a motel) via an interior outdoor courtyard.

Also, the hotel keeps the blinds open and the lights on inside every room that is not assigned to a guest. It is easy for an intruder to figure out which rooms have guests as those rooms probably have their shades pulled down. Not a good idea from a personal security perspective.

Breakfast: Free continental breakfast is just ok. Fruit, breads, cereals, hard-boiled eggs, waffles. I've stayed elsewhere and had far superior free breakfasts. It is sufficient, however, to get you through to lunch at the ski hills.

Hot tub in the basement is cool - made to look like a grotto of the real Banff hot springs. May be filled late in the day with many children.

Ski lockers are provided, but I just brought my gear into my room with me.

All-in-all - a great place to stay and I had a great room rate, probably due to it being late in the season (but the snow at LL and Sunshine was incredible).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dms666
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for your review. I would like to clarify a few items for travelers, to ensure the information presented is accurate.
We do not have any rooms whereby the bathroom door will not close completely. Should you ever experience any issue with your room, please don't hesitate to let us know!
I will agree, our pillows are thick and fluffy. Some guests love them, while others prefer a flatter pillow. We do have flatter pillows available, simply call our front desk, and we will have them delivered to your room, or mention your request at time of booking.
We do not keep the lights on in vacant rooms. We are too environmentally conscience for that!
We also have security patrol the property at various times to ensure our guests safety.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next ski trip!