“BANFF AT ITS BEST !”
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Fox Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Fox is your best dollar to value hotel in Banff. We had a loft with king bed and small workable breakfast and snack kitchen. Staff is polite and very helpful, the room was serviced impeccably. There is a chilis on property with a warm and accommodating staff who made everyone feel welcomed.I will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. I'm delighted to read that you will return, and that you felt welcomed by our team. With Wi/Fi, heated underground parking, ROAM bus passes, and continental breakfast all included with your stay, I would agree, there's a lot of added value here at the Fox. Many hotels charge extra for these things. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

A decent, comfortable hotel on the edge of Banff - a very easy accessible stroll into the main town. Good friendly staff who were pleasant to deal with. Great base for exploring the surrounding area and everything on offer around Banff.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

VERY friendly , great ambiance , lush food and the room was very cozy.
A little shocked to see the last few comments!!
Travel a lot and would definitely recommend .
Breakfast buffet did the trick and came back to chilis twice , it was so good
Free shuttle from hotel was very welcome as it was -36 today

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I just completed a three night stay (we booked for 4 nights, but left early). Overall we were ok with the stay and the way management resolved an issue. The hotel looks like it draws a fairly young crowd...similar to a spring break crowd. Because of the center courtyard and the hot pool all the noise from the courtyard gets funneled to most rooms within view of the courtyard. Thursday night was quite, Friday night a little louder but acceptable, and then Saturday was truly unacceptable. Because of the noise and a fight that broke out the cops were called to the hotel in the early morning hours. Even with the cops being called the noise still went on and finally I stood out on the balcony at 3am and told the people to go to their room. I phoned the front desk manager that night 3 times and he answered only once. I did talk to the hotel manager the next morning and after some excuses on his part he finally did the right thing and credited us for 1 night and we moved on to a different hotel.

If the hotel is going to draw this type of crowd they need to be prepared to hire security to be onsite after hours. The front desk manager can't handle the situation and this type of crowd does not listen to verbal commands.

We will return to Banff in the future, but will not being staying at the Fox. Great concept with the hot tub and courtyard, but they need to get a handle on the crowd they are drawing.

I will also say that we are fairly tolerant people...noise, laughter, yelling before midnight is one...fighting, yelling the F word, doors slamming..after midnight is another.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scootr29
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. I thought we had resolved this here at the hotel, and I was surprised and disappointed to read your review. As explained, we did have a rowdy bunch in which we needed to call for security and police. This was very unfortunate and not the norm here. As far as drawing a 'spring break crowd', we actually tend to have more families stay here at the Fox, and we do enforce our quiet hour of 11pm. We do have an outside on-call security company that completes rounds of the property as well. Once again we are sorry for the disturbance these guests caused.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in September and very disappointed. The rooms were very small and cramped and had very little space to place luggage or to hang clothes. My husband and I are keen line dancers and we inquired at the front desk as to where we might find live music and line dancing and was met with the comment, "Oh I don't go out much", surely the front desk staff should have a handle on what is going on around their town so they can pass information onto guests. Breakfast was allegedly included in the price however when we went to breakfast we had to fend for ourselves, the waiting staff did not tell us where to go for the buffet and we were not so much as greeted with a good morning. This hotel is evidently all about the footfall and not about the guests and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda n
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

It is with disappointment that I read your review. I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us, and would not return. For those looking for added space, I can recommend our suites. As far as our Front Desk team not offering information, and our Restaurant staff not greeting you, I apologize. This is certainly not up to the standards we strive for, and I appreciate your feedback. I will be reviewing our standards of guest service with our team. You certainly should have been given information and a warm greeting. I apologize on behalf of our team.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The good: Ideal location within an easy walk of downtown. Sue, the front desk manager who greeted me at check-in, was top-notch and a very pleasant conversationalist, helping me determine how to make the most of my limited time in Banff.

The not-so-good: Painfully average room and amenities. I visited midweek and was honestly surprised that the room I was assigned was, well, budget hotel quality, and tiny. The vaunted "hot springs" replica is really just a giant stylized hot tub in a dark, cave-like room on the ground floor. The two other desk staff members I met with weren't friendly and appeared preoccupied...with what I can't imagine, given the low occupancy at the time.

I'd stay elsewhere next time I'm in Banff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 4richer4poorer
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to see you appreciated Su, and were helped in making the most of your time in Banff.

I am sorry to read that you were not as impressed with service from others on our team. We aim to provide great guest service for all. I am sorry we missed the mark here.

Was there something specific that made you feel as though the your room was 'budget quality'? This is a very rare comment, as we generally receive very positive reviews on our rooms, as well as our unique Cave & Basin inspired hot pool. Our amenities are sourced locally, and are usually favored by our guests. I do appreciate feedback, and if it was something specific that we could improve upon, I would love to hear from you. I will send you a personal message to discuss. Thank you once again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Recently visited the Fox for an overnight stay and must say the service was top notch. Rooms very nice and clean. The spa area is a very unique concept having the appearance of a cave and basin, which makes it feel very different. Very enjoyable stay, would recomme

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business