“Great hotel experience in banff!”
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Fox Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location was perfect with wonderful views of the surrounding mountains. In addition our two bedroom suite worked great for our family. The sitting area and deck had plenty of room for discussing our hikes in the Rockies. The pool is better than the pictures! Finally all of the employees were very friendly and made this a wonderful experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our experience with the Fox suites was just pure indulgence, our suite with kitchenette was perfect in every way, comfortable, cosy and very well equipped, found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. But the highlight has to be the hot pool grotto beneath the hotel, this after each day of sightseeing was just magic. Kept scrupulously clean, it melts away the fatigue and prepares you for a great night's sleep. We were extremely happy with the price also, which ended up being a couple of hundred cheaper once we arrived from what I was quoted on the net.
Great experience, recommend it to anyone....watch out for the prices in Banff though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn K
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

It's so gratifying for us to read that your experience was a fantastic one. I'm happy to read you found our team to give exceptional service, and that there was great value in your stay.

Thank you for choosing the Fox Hotel & Suites. We appreciate your review and recommendations.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up at the Fox. I chose this hotel purely based on Trip Advisor reviews and from the pictures on the website the night before as I headed down to Banff from Jasper. Prices in Banff can be pretty pricey and to find a place like this WITH breakfast included with heated indoor parking included fairly close to the townsite for the price I paid was fabulous! Our room had two comfortable double beds and was very clean and modern. The staff was always helpful and friendly. The hot tub area was awesome, very spacious and relaxing. I really enjoyed the included continental breakfast. You can make you own waffles, with fruit toppings, there is also toast, fruit salad, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurts etc plus, juices, coffee and teas. You can get free ROAM bus passes at the front desk to use all through Banff. If you take your car, the townsite is about a 2 min drive or if you walk it is about 8 to 10 min. I would definitely recommend staying here for the value and comfort and friendliness!

1  Thank Salsajo

Thank you for sharing your review! I brings us great pleasure to read you found both service and value in your stay. We pride ourselves in these areas, and it's always very satisfying to read we've met the mark.

We hope you will recommend our property to family and friends.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife took me to the fox for my birthday in March. It was my first time staying at the fox. I loved everything about it. We had a king suite room and it was perfect. The grotto pool(hot tub) is the best and coolest pool i've seen in banff and we've stayed in many hotels in banff.

They are a little further from downtown than most hotels but we don't mind that as we love to walk. There's nothing spectacular about the fox but they do everything well. We are looking forward to our next stay at the fox and enjoying a few bulldogs at chili's.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review! I was our pleasure you host you for your birthday. I'm thrilled to read you 'loved everything about it'!

We will have our famous grotto hot pool, and of course cold Bulldog's waiting for you when you arrive for your next stay!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Thus was my Mother's Day treat. We checked in around 3:30, quick and simple. Parking was included, their parking is underground and heated, which is greatly appreciated in the singer months. Our room was a neat suite, upstairs was a closet, small living room& small kitchenette, & don't the stairs you'll find 2 double beds & a full bathroom. Very, very clean! We paid $360 for the suite which included parking & 3 breakfast vouchers to Chili's. with that being said... Did you know there is a natural hot water grotto in the basement if this hotel?? Yup! There us.. Check it out

Room Tip: This location has a grotto which adds the tourist list!
2  Thank Yousrajomha
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at the Fox Hotel for 2 nights. It's apparently one of the better hotels in Banff, however I found it very similar to others - colourful wallpaper, bedt hrows, carpets, small rooms etc.

There is a gym which is very small but functional. There are also hot pools which I would recommend as they are grotto style underground.

My room had 2 double beds. The room itself only just fit the two beds but seemed clean and was big enough considering I wasn't using it during the day. The rooms come off an external walkway, so I found that I could hear everyone walking by as the bed was right by the door. I could also hear the cleaners with their laundry carts early in the morning. The walls are also very thin as I could hear the adjoining room talking as well as other activities early in the morning.

The room had a few lamps but was quite dark and as the windows faced onto the exterior hallway, the curtains and blinds had to be kept closed otherwise guest walking by could see straight into the room.

There is a Chilli's restaurant that includes breakfast, however that was a croissant, toast or cereal, so I would recommend eating elsewhere if you want a full breakfast.

The hotel is approximately 10 mins walk from the centre of Banff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of the hallway entrance so you don't have to hear people walking p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SoCal_bound
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here with 3 teenage boys in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette, separate lounge area and two bathrooms. The room was perfect for our needs and was well appointed. The hotel facilities were very good. The Fox has its own restaurant in the lobby which also served breakfast. The breakfast was fairly basic but was included in the room rate so there was no complaints. The staff are excellent, always friendly and helpful. location wise it is a short stroll to the main shopping area with lots of restaurants and variety shops nearby. This is the second stay for us at this hotel and we would be happy to come back again.
If you get a chance to enjoy the hot pool we suggest you don't miss the opportunity, however, be aware that it is definitely a HOT pool, so you may want to be wary with very young kids. We had a room at the back of the building away from the main street and it was extremely quiet, even more so on weekdays.

3  Thank Aussie_Traveller38

I appreciate you sharing your comments. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff. It brings us all great pleasure to be assured we've 'met the mark' on guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back!