We stayed at this hotel as it was part of a block booking for a wedding. This was our first time here and quite likely the last. On the positive side, the people at the front desk were very friendly and efficient on the check in and check out process.
The hotel also has a Chili's restaurant on the premises for the complimentary breakfast included in the room rate (we weren't aware of this until checking in).
We checked in, left for the wedding and returned to our room after midnight. The room was very hot and stuffy and the small window that opened provided none of the fresh mountain air that is typical in Banff... the fan in the room should have been the give-away however all it did was move around hot, stuffy air. The thermostat on the wall would not turn on the fan and, as I found out in the morning... the room had NO AIRCONDITIONING. Thus, the 24 degree temperature in the room and no relief... and what can you do at 12:30 am??? Apparently, only the suites have air conditioning and I was supposed to know this from the room descriptions on the website... might have been useful to know when booking as I did this by phone to get a room through the block booking. Therefore the sleep quality was virtually non existent.
And there were people in the inside open atrium (might have been going between rooms) until 3 am.... not rowdy but noisy.
On checking out... front desk response was polite and indicated:
1) I should have known there was no air conditioning
2) I should have phoned down about the temperature at 12:30 am and maybe they could have moved us....?
3) I should have phoned security about the noise.
All of a sudden, this is my problem... I don't think so. They made an adjustment to the room rate by reducing it by 20% which was a reasonable gesture. Not enough for me to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfalls and mountain springs are brought to life in the Fox's design. Capturing the historic and natural elements of Banff National Park, the hotel's centerpiece is the hot pool inspired by the original Cave and Basin Site. The Fox offers a unique accommodation style in Banff, with one and two bedroom suites and hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fox Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox Hotel And Suites
- Fox Hotel Suites Banff
- Fox Hotel Banff