“Wow now that was relaxing!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red Earth Spa
Ranked #4 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Red Earth Spa is a full service spa with six treatment rooms including one dedicated to hydrotherapy. The Spa also features a manicure and facial room. The spa has a number of areas for clients to relax before, in-between or after a treatment. Come join us at Banff's only full service Spa on Banff Avenue.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow now that was relaxing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Loved, loved, loved the Red Earth Spa! The massage was AMAZING! and the atmosphere sooooo relaxing! We hang out there almost all day using the spa pool, sauna, relaxing room and great shower and change room!

Visited February 2014

Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

massage was good....very expensive but hey this is Banff. Had a bit of a mixup with the times, I guess that was my bad, so we ate alot of granola bars and drank lots of water and tea while waiting for our massage. Overall it was a good massage.

Visited November 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Spa pool was really hot ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

It is really pretty there but way too hot for my liking ! The evening we went was also very busy. I didn't stay too long. We didn't end up going for any treatments so can't comment on that unfortunately.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lovely spa and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had a great body wrap treatment at this spa with a lovely lady named Yuko. Very kind and considerate, very polite. The wrap was lovely. The Vichy shower table was really great. My boyfriend had a massage and he did say that it was a bit too rough for him even after he asked for the pressure to be less, so that is why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5. He seems to have trouble getting a massage that isn't too hard. I found the customer service good when booking, they were very helpful and accommodating to us. I've read a couple of other reviews about the poor service on the phone, but I didn't have that problem. However, I have to say that I knew when I called that what I wanted was pretty last-minute and likely not to happen and I always make sure to tell the person that I understand if they can't help, but this is what I want and is there anyway they could help me, etc and I am very kind when I ask for favors, so I find that when I act very calm and understanding and don't put any pressure on the person, they bend over backwards for me. I dealt with a lady named Kim on the phone and she was just great.

Visited December 2013
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“front desk staff disprespectful and won't admit to error”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We drove 4 hours to Banff to experience this spa which was highly regarded in the past. I booked my appointment weeks ahead of time and requested for a RMT, however it wasn't until the time of payment when I requested for a insurance receipt that I was told that my masseuse was not registered and that they would not be able to issue me an insurance receipt.

This was clearly an error made by the desk staff. The upsetting part was that Kim ( front desk staff) would not admit to error and not empathetic to my situation. For the price you pay for a 60 minute massage, I believe that they should at least give you a RMT and clearly explain to be ahead of time that I will not be given a RMT and not wait until the time of payment. This was a confusing process and the lady at the front desk- Kim did not do a good job in taking her time to understand me as the customer as she was quick to dismiss me and not even a thank you or an apology for the inconvenience. I hope if you are reading this- Kim that you will take this feedback constructively. Guests do not drive all the way to Banff to experience confusion. For the price you pay, I suggest the Fairmount Spa.

Visited October 2013